Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bad surgery?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline emptydew

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
bad surgery?
« on: January 17, 2004, 11:18:52 PM »
 Hi  I am new to this board . Just found it today.I had tkr on both knees 3 or 4 years ago and altho the unbearable pain is gone, I still have knee pain and my knees seem to just give away when walking. Knees are so tender even today,  I can't kneel on mattress without lots of pain. the Dr. that did the surgery said he also straighten my leg during the surgery.  And this is as good as it gets.I take pain pills and walk with a cane. Monday I am going to finally get to see another Dr. for a second oponion. Does any one else still have problems after a few years after surgery? Sorry I was so long winded but I am so glad to have found Y'all . hope to hear from someone who has problem like mine

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: bad surgery?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 12:01:06 AM »
Hi Emptydew, Want to welcome you to the board.  ;) IF you've got knee problems you've found the right place.  I don' thave the same problems as you.. but I wanted to welcome you to the board, wish you luck with your second opinion.
I hope you get some answers, knees are very difficult to manage.
HUGS and HOPE
LInds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Kimby

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 04:58:05 PM »
Welcome to the board!  I think that if you have questions about the ongoing pain (despite TKR) the second opinion idea is a good one.  This website has a spot that describes the "who's who" in orthopedics around the world - you might check there and see if there is a surgeon in your area you might consider seeing.  

Good luck!

Kim
1982 - R patella tendon transversal
1983 - L patella tendon transversal
2003 - R TTT and patella medial ligament   reconstruction
2004 - L TTT and PMLR

Offline emptydew

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 12:57:33 AM »
Just wanted to say Thanks for the Wecome to your board! And to let you know My New Dr. is in Raleigh N.C. and both my daughter and I like him.He told us my replacements are unstable and move all around, so when it can get on the schedule I'm going to have knee revision. the left one being done first. I remember how painful the first surgery was , so I am already a basket case. But I feel the out come will be worth it. It will be so good to walk witout a walker or cane and to be pain-free.Just wanted to give up date .Thanks again for caring.God bless all of y'all ;)