Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: walking?  (Read 428 times)

Offline eddie760

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
walking?
« on: March 10, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »
How long will it take to start walking normally after a comminuted displaced patella fracture without the help of a physical therapist. i am 7 weeks 4 days post op. As of right now I can bear full weight with rom brace and my rom is around 80 degrees. i have had two surgeries on my left knee so I've been in a brace for 3 months. In the first surgery they put 4 pins and the second they took the 4 pins out and put 3 screws in. I'm 19 years old if that matters. And any advice on how to get more rom and strenght back on the leg muscles.

eddie

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: walking?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
you really ought to see a therapist, even if all you do is pay for one visit out of pocket and to get set up with a home therapy routine. then you know you're doing things correctly and safely. There are a lot of places that'll work with you if you're self-pay, I had one once that'd do the initial appointment and then pay like 10 buck a visit to come use their stuff on your own, but you could get advice if you had a question, you just couldn't get the therapist's undivided attention without paying a separate fee for a visit.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline eddie760

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: walking?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
I was thinking of doing that before i posted this topic. and thank you for your reply dm.