Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Double Osteotmy Monday January 28 2013  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 399
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Double Osteotmy Monday January 28 2013
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
I believe Sheila disables PMs for all minors to protect you
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline captainruss

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 10:45:51 PM »
Understood!  Great point!

Anyone wishing to ask Kiani a question, please feel free to PM my address.  I will not answer for her due to the recent drama rodeo, but I will pass on the question or comment and ask her to log on!

Russ
80 Shattered patella 5 surg
09  TKR 
09  MUA
09  MUA
09  Knee infected??
10  TKR  Scar Tissue
10  2nd OS  Diagnosis Infection
10  TKR with antibiotic spacer, no joint
4/11  TKR
11  TKR PT
11  TKR
11  TKR  AF diagosis
12/11  HO diagnosed
2012  Intractable Pain
2012  OS split
amputation possible?

Offline JessJess28

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 02:53:36 AM »
glad to see you're back  :). Don't let those people get to you.
History of Dislocations
12/08 Scope
3/2013 TTO, Lateral Release, Medial Reefing, Grade III Patella lesion.
11/2013 TTO L knee, LR, Medial Reefing, R knee screw removal

Offline cbrady

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 5
    • new to knee geeks but not to knee problems
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 04:39:55 AM »
I am also glad you are back! And thank you Russ for relaying messages for me, I appreciate it. Wow, sounds like a great scar.

Kiani, why do you use the walker instead of crutches? Just curious because I was not planning on getting a walker and already have crutches from my hip surgery. I also wanted to know if you go to pt and how often? What has your post op pt schedule looked like, how many times a week?

Russ, after your rotational cat scan will dr. T decide if he will be able to help you? Or does he already know and is just waiting on the results of it?

Thanks,
Claire
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:01:10 AM by cbrady »
11/19/12 R femoral neck osteoplastyFAI scope labrum
6/13/13 R femurtibia derotational osteotomies rod 2 screws femur plate 6screws tibia
12/18/13 femur plating non union
6/30/14 tibia hardware removal
11/3/14 femur hardware removal
5/11/15 L PAO
12/7/15 plating PAO nonunion
8/14/16 hardware removal

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »
Hi Kiani (and Russ lol),

Good to hear from you again, I'm so glad you decided to continue and ignore the petty folk...

I'm also interested in the walker thing - I was offered one and refused it, thinking it was more cumbersome and awkward than crutches. But crutches are a pain in the backside as well  ;) so perhaps they both have merits and disadvantages... How have you found using it? I'm quite wobbly on the crutches and it's been lucky that our house is small so it's virtually impossible to fall! Maybe a walker would be more stable.

That scar sounds amazing. Just goes to show the differences between techniques and quality of finish that are out there - dr.T I think was v conscious of your age and wanted to give you the minimum of scarring.

Russ, in a way I was relieved to hear that Dr.T found the rotational issue - it might explain why your TKRs haven't solved your knee pain and problems. Maybe there is a better future out there for you once things are properly sorted in your leg rather than botched. I really hope so. I'm sure if anyone can talk him onto doing your surgery, you can  :) He can at least recommend someone he trusts to do it, that's got to be better than trawling about for months again! Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you both. Kiani, how is The studying going now, and how is the pain doing? I hope both are excellent lol.

All the best everyone,

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline kianiblueangel

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »
Brams & Claire,

Sorry for the delay in answering.  I was blocked from signing on to KG due to my dad saying something inappropriate.  We are not sure what he said, as he is usually a gentleman, but when he was banned I was banned from signing in at the same time. 

Yes, it is I typing as he will not type for me anymore! 

The reason for the walker was watching my father for the past three years.  He has had a crutch slip out from under him a couple of times.  Once he put it down on water and it went flying and another time he put in on a sock which slid out from under him.

I do have crutches for tight places, but the walker is so much more secure if you are not paying attention, it prevents falls.  I am down to crutches now and pretty much weight bearing much of the time.  I am currently able to walk without assistance, but dad keeps hounding me to use at least one crutch.  I am working out now with dad 4-5 times a week at our wellness center at College.  I am able to do an elliptical (not sure on spelling) but it is no contact and I am really getting a work out.  The really good part is I am doing like 150 strokes per minute and my knee cap does not dislocate at all!  All hail Dr. T!

Dad is still waiting as Dr. T took March off.  His former PA has been replaced, but he still does not have an order for the rotational study and they are not looking like they are very enthusiastic about operating on his knee.  He is not very optimistic.  He has seen two other knee doctors but they will not consider treating him, let alone operating.

I am glad to be back...not sure what happenned. 

Kiani
Patella Sub Luxing more frequently
2011 Diagnosed Chondromalcia recommended LR
2012 OS#2 recommended LR-confirms OS#1
2012 OS#3 orders Rotational CT Scan
5/11/12 Diagnosed needing Patella Osteotomy??
01/28/13 Osteotomy with Dr. T in Michigan
2-26  Dr T is my hero!!  Post op good
Kiani Is OUT!!!!!

Offline cbrady

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 5
    • new to knee geeks but not to knee problems
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 05:10:57 AM »
Kiani,

I am glad you are back. Thank you for answering about the walker. Makes sense. Bummer about your dad. I really hope someone decides to fix him. He deserves it for what he has been through and what he helped you avoid. And how much he helps others on here.

Claire
11/19/12 R femoral neck osteoplastyFAI scope labrum
6/13/13 R femurtibia derotational osteotomies rod 2 screws femur plate 6screws tibia
12/18/13 femur plating non union
6/30/14 tibia hardware removal
11/3/14 femur hardware removal
5/11/15 L PAO
12/7/15 plating PAO nonunion
8/14/16 hardware removal

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
Hi Kiani,

Sounds like you are going great guns at recovery, good for you! Hope things continue well, and keep listening to your dad. The poor bloke can't get a break on this site, it does make me angry that when someone already has such a lot to cope with they can't catch a break... I hope it doesn't put him off posting here, although I do understand that it might well make him hunker down for while. Give him my best wishes, sounds like he must be feeling pretty miserable with all the waiting and hoping, even if he tries not to show it. I really hope your Dr.T will help him once he is back, he is someone who could use a little milk of human kindness  :-\ not to mention expertise!

Take care of each other, and I hope to hear good things of you both soon.

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)