Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 1year after meniscus surgery and now this...  (Read 1491 times)

Offline 045nor

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
1year after meniscus surgery and now this...
« on: February 27, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
So its been about one year since I had the meniscus surgery.
The recovery went fine and ive been working out like normal for almost 1yr now.

In december while I was saying goodbye to my child in the kindergarden I slipped on the ice outside.
It was just a little twitch and I felt something in my knee.
After that my knee has been hurting abit but not a big deal.
1wk ago the pain anoyed me so much that I went to the doctor and got brexidol.
I told him it was becuase of my arm so he doesnt know anything (ill get to that later).

The inflamation has setteled now and I have no problems running, walking in a brisk pace, jumping, getting up from the sofa, doing squats with my own bodyweight or anything close to that.

The problems starts when I walk around with small steps like you do in a line at the grocery store or following your toddler around in the house.
The "problems" im getting is that when my knee is completely straighten out and bends its "clicking" without the sound.
It feels like something... (damn my english vocabulary!) is not going as smooth as it should. ;)

I dont want to confront my doctor with this problem if its nothing to do with it since im trying to get into the police academy.
Could a physiotheraphist help me out with this or someone else who doesnt need to vouch for my health :)

I know its silly but when you have been working for this for 3yrs+ you dont want to give up the dream over something that could be as trivial as this.

In advance, thank you for your help.
Best regards from Norway!

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: 1year after meniscus surgery and now this...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 01:54:11 AM »
I think that if you can do all the things you say without pain, you are probably safe with ignoring your problem for a while and see what a week or two more healing time brings.  If your pain comes back or the odd clicking gets worse, get in and have it checked out by your doctor.  A lot of people who ignore minor problems end up with much more serious issues. Don't try to avoid the person who could be most helpful in your healing.

You are not screaming in pain or limping- chances are that the issue is fairly minor and will have no impact at all on your ambitions to be a  police officer.

Good luck

Linda :)
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012