Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: upcoming tibial tubercle osteotomy- returning to work  (Read 646 times)

Offline badknees82

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
upcoming tibial tubercle osteotomy- returning to work
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:53:41 PM »
Hi, I am a new member, but have been reading posts for several months as I weighed my options to correct knee dislocations and patellofemoral pain.  My doctors and I decided to go with a Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy coupled with a medial reefing and lateral release.  I'm curious to hear from others who have had a TTO, and about how long you had to remain off work.  I work a true desk job, but am constantly getting up to help people at the front counter, get to the printer, etc.  My doctor suggested taking the first 3 weeks off entirely, and then going part time for a few weeks if needed.  What were some of the challenges you faced when going back to work and do you have any suggestions, equipment, etc that might help ease that transition?

Offline kaci74

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: upcoming tibial tubercle osteotomy- returning to work
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »
I had a TTT in 2008.  I took one full week off and then teleworked for the next 3 weeks.  I went to the office part time until I felt comfortable moving through the office on crutches.  I have a desk job and work among a sea of cubicles so getting around the office was an indicator of when I could return to the office full time.  My employer also required a physicians note saying I was cleared to return to the office.

Hope this helps!

support