Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Torn Lateral Meniscus?  (Read 646 times)

Offline acharris1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Torn Lateral Meniscus?
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »
I woke up about a year ago with my right knee clicking when going upstairs and has continued since then.  The pain has progressed into generalized knee pain daily and pain behind my knee on the right side.  If I walk more than my normal daily activities, to my car and back, around Walmart, etc., I get excrutiating pain on the right side of my knee and very excrutiating pain going down steps.  If I hold my knee straight and walk when I'm having this pain, it does not hurt while walking, but is still very tender to touch the right side of my knee.  There is little to no swelling on a daily basis and little to no pain when I'm not walking a lot, serious shopping, on vacation, etc.  I don't have a specific instance that caused the injury, but during this time, I was sitting with my legs folded underneath of me a lot with pain upon straightening them out.  An x-ray a year ago was normal.  An x-ray today was normal.  The ortho doc is going to schedule me for an MRI, but didn't seem too convinced that anything would show up.  This can't be normal!  Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

support