Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Meniscus allograft  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Jonathanmiller

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Meniscus allograft
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
Hi Everyone

Have been lurking in the forum last 10 weeks. My boy (16) had a meniscal transplant a month ago today.
He was back at college on crutches after two weeks. Swelling is within 10mm of other leg and he was off pain killers and Aid`s two weeks ago. He had it done at the Royal Orthopeadic. It seems to be me who is off work running him around!.

Regards to everyone who shared their experience and helped throw light on the subject for me.

Offline JuhaH

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • Own site
Re: Meniscus allograft
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:12:32 PM »
Hi,

Just curious but what happened to your son's knee anyway? Was the meniscus allocraft transplant done in NHS hospital in UK?

Good luck to the rehab :)
Skiing accident in january 2010. Left knee, medial joint space narrowing and constant pain following partial meniscectomy (30% medial meniscus left). Trying to prolong the knee replacement as long as I can.

Offline Jonathanmiller

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Meniscus allograft
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
Hello
My boy twisted his knee playing football 18 months ago. The local AE only xrayed it and told him to go on crutches untill it was better. It took a few weeks before he could straighten his leg. 6 months later he was skiing and it swelled up again. This went down after a few weeks and then he got into the rugby academy last September. Around December it swelled up again with the leg not being able to straighten properly. Had an Arothscopy then and had outer meniscus removed. a month ago he went in and had allograft. It was done in NHS UK.

Kind regards

support