Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Cyclops Lesion......Again  (Read 682 times)

Offline dave2011acl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Cyclops Lesion......Again
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to the site, but unfortunately, not new to knee problems.  I'm a 35 year old male in NY.  In May 2011, I had ACL reconstruction using the bone patella tendon bone graft, and had a portion of my medial meniscus removed.  I did 3 months of physical therapy with a therapist, and then did PT on my own (I'm a bit of a gym rat).  In January 2012, it was discovered that I had developed a cyclops lesion and in March 2012, I had surgery to remove it.  Everything seemed to be going great after that surgery, and then this past fall, my knee started to stiffen up on me again and I was having trouble achieving full extension.  I went to see a different surgeon and he had me go for an arthrogram.  The test revealed that another cyclops lesion has developed.  This surgeon said that in his 20 plus years of doing this, he's only seen one other person who had a cyclops lesion come back.  He is suggesting a maninpulation under anesthesia, as well as removal of the cyclops lesion.  Has anyone here been through having a cyclops lesion come back?  I really don't want to have another surgery, but I am only 35 years old and like to be active, so I can't live with my knee the way it is.  Thanks.

support