Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lateral Tibial Plateau fracture with ORIF but now MCL problems  (Read 658 times)

Offline wormitgirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lateral Tibial Plateau fracture with ORIF but now MCL problems
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
Hi all, newbie here :) I sustained a TP fracture back in August from a low impact MTB accident which required 1 plate and 7 screws to fix. I was 8 days in hosp and then 7.5 weeks nwb, went pwb mid October progressing to fwb mid November time.  On a good day I have 115 deg flexion but mostly about 105-110. I have almost full extension.  I have been attending physio x2 per week but have had significant pain and tightnesss on the inside of my knee and in my calf muscle despite this being a lateral break.  On my latest visit to orthopaedics I was advised to have the metal work removed as two very long screws across the top of my tibia were probably irritating the MCL and causing these problems.  I have also developed pseudo locking in my knee which my phsyio is partially attributing to the metal work and have developed bilateral plantar fasciitis....phew!
Has anybody else experienced these problems or been advised to have the metal work removed? 
I have read around TP fractures so know this is a longterm rehab but sometimes it is very frustrating......any advice/comments would be gratefully appreciated... :) :)

support