Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: While Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy is Common, I am a BKA and have Questions  (Read 680 times)

Offline marie emond

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Good Morning,
My name is Marie, I am wondering if anyone on here has any idea what the recovery process is actually like for a TTO, I had actually found this board when searching on recovery times and found something someone had posted on here and was actually discouraged at the fact it took weeks before her pain went away.
Which I will be honest, at my age that concerns me. (however I digress)

I would like to know if anyone out there has ever encountered anyone in my situation who is an amputee and has had this type of surgery performed? My Ortho, (by the way I am located in N.E. Alberta) has not dealt with an amputee prior to my becoming a patient so I am pretty much uncharted territory for him, which is even further unnerving for me. I do know that once weight bearing is allowed, the patient is supposed to wear a knee brace, how would this be accomplished with prosthesis or are there specialized braces out there for us (that is again, if anyone knows).

I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone again, has ever experienced or knows an amputee (or is an amputee) who has had the TTO with the arthroscopy done in the past.

Thanks!