Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 3 months post up open lateral release vmo advance  (Read 5256 times)

Offline tahoegirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
3 months post up open lateral release vmo advance
« on: January 13, 2004, 09:11:57 PM »
 ;D Yesterday marked my 3 month mile stone from my open lateral release and VMO advancement...

Knee is feeling good.. Still doing PT two times a week.  I am able to bend my knee to 136 degrees, I am lifting about 75 lbs in leg lifts, my balance is getting better, but my muscel is still a long ways off.. My quad muscel still hurts, and is stiff, but it feels way better than it did prior to me having surgery..  I am riding my bike everyday, and it feels good..  The only thing I truly hate with PT, is when my PT guy makes me lay on my tummy, and bends my knee all the way back to get it to touch my butt.. It's something, I need to do, but it still brings tears to my eyes.. I have to say this is one of the tuffest surgerys I have ever had..

Good News...
Saw my OS, today he likes what he see's and gave me the ok, to ride my horse.. He told me it's the only way we're going to know if the surgery worked or not.. I am so excieted.. I plan on going out in the next few days to ride my colt..

Needless to say, I am happy with the surgery, but it is a long way off before I will be normal again...

Andria

Offline aclgator

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: 3 months post up open lateral release vmo adva
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 01:43:20 PM »
Im glad to hear things are progressing. I am scheduled for a lateral release in march. I had an acl recon last may and i remember how tough therapy was for that, i hope that has prepared me for this surgery and rehab. what is a vmo advancement and any imput or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
2-10-03 injury torn acl, mcl, med men, fract pat 5-01-03 acl recon surg

Offline wen

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: 3 months post up open lateral release vmo advance
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:41:19 AM »
hI, I'M GLAD YOUR DOING SO WELL, WHO DID YOUR SURGERY?
w

Offline TwoBadKneesUSA

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • No matter how bad it is, my dog still loves me!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
Can I ask what the reasons for the surgery were?  My OS has mentioned this type of surgery to me and was curious.

Thanks.
'83 lt knee scope
'88 lt knee LR
'89 rt knee LR (6 mos. after left)
'05 rt knee scope (clean up)
7/5/07 - scope, LR left, right clean
3/19/08 - LR failed, Supartz failed
http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=47974.0
8/21/08 - new OS apt
8/5/09 - TTT, LR, PFJR sched.

Offline JustMeInNC

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »
GREAT to hear that you get to go out and ride your horse. I am also a fellow horse lover/owner (we have 3 1/2 *a mini* right now) about 3 weeks after my lateral release i got out there and hacked around on my 4 year old appy mare. I knew that she would let me climb any way that i could to get on and just stand there. That 15 minutes walking around in the pasture did me more good to cheer me up and make me feel better than any medicine in the world. ;D
I'm so busy that I'm not sure if I lost my horse or just found my lead rope.

1989 - Right Knee - don't rember what they did
1997 - Right Knee - Orthoscopic clean up again
2000 - LR on left knee
2001 - LR on right knee
2008 -LR on right knee (again)
9-18-2009 - Maquet osteotomy right knee

support