Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help in understanding my problem  (Read 626 times)

Offline Toocold

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help in understanding my problem
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:51:56 PM »
So glad I found a place to ask question.  Thank you.   First - I had a total hip replacement in July.  Since then my knee, same side, has been hurting more and more.  Popping, most painful going down stairs and just aches. 

MRI - stated he following:
Full thickness cartilage tear involving the weight bearing portion of the lateral tibial plateau.  Fissuring and blistering involving the cartilage overlying the wight bearing portion of the lateral femoral condyle.  Full thickness tear involving the medial patellar facet articular cartilage with underlyng bone marrow edema. Scattered subchondral cystic changes involving the medial femoral condyle with associated full thickness cartilage tear.  Complex tear involving the posterior horn and body of the medial meniscus with extension of both superior and inferior articular surfaces.

This was done at a military hospital.  I am retired military.  The primary care Dr. did not refer me to Orthopedics but ordered physical therapy.  That seems to be making things worse.  I have been on Google trying to understand the anatomy of the knee and what the MRI Diagnostic Report means but I am at a loss.  I think we are headed in the wrong direction.