Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What do i have?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline steevo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
What do i have?
« on: January 13, 2004, 05:54:54 PM »
Hello,

Im new to the board and was hoping for some info from you pros that frequent these forums.Ill start with the vital stats:

Male
22 Years old
healthy weight range

I have had bad knees for years due to what i think was playing Aussie rules footy for approx 8 years but only recently my left knee has been giving me terrible grief.

I cannot do  any physical activities without my knee becoming painful and it can be aggrevated by a misplaced step or any other insignificant thing and once triggered hangs around for hours until finally going away with rest only to pop up again with any further use and walking is a guranteed trigger for some reason.

symptoms:

Knee cap pops very loudly and quite painfully when rising from the sqautting position and when aggrevated i find it extremely painful to lift my heel to the back of my thigh and my knee cap grinds and pops when flexing and general pain is experienced around the whole knee cap but a more "pingy" type pain seems to come from behind the kneecap (ie from the crease behind your knee and also on the left side of the cap aswell

pain is experienced when stopping suddenly or when running or changing direction quickly ie when throwing a frisbee etc

Basically i would like to find out what i have and if there are any good fixes for my problems as it is becoming a problem to function day to day

Thanks
Steve

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: What do i have?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:23:09 PM »
Hey !!

Not easy to say what's wrong. My suggest is go to a doc a otrhopeadic surgeon to get a right diagnose.
Wish you luck.

nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 03:40:29 PM »
Steve,

You really need to see an orthopaedic surgeon and soon before things get worse.  It could be a tracking problem with all the grinding and popping going on but there are many many things which could give you these symptoms and you really should get them checked out as soon as you can by a qualified professional, especially if your knees are giving you grief on a daily basis.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

Offline steevo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 03:09:14 AM »
Hello,

Well,Went to my GP for an Xray and referal to a Knee doctor and the results of the xray said i have a shallow defect on the weight bearing apect of the medial femoral condyle,The appearance is typical of Osteochondritis Dissecans

No mal-tracking was noted

Anyone have this or similar or no more about it?

Thanks