Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Meniscus repair  (Read 1007 times)

Offline tcb1973

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Meniscus repair
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
Hello,

This is my first post - need a bit of advice/reassurance please.

I had a meniscus repair on Tues (5 days ago) and have the following pot op instructions:

Braced straight for 2 weeks then braced with 90 degree bend for next 4 weeks
Non-weight bearing for 6 weeks
I have tramadol every 6 hrs and paracetamol

Thing is - I am still in a fair amount of pain. Not rolling around screaming, but very uncomfortable, can't get comfy, keeps me awake, always there kind of pain.

Even when in the full effects of the tramadol and paracetamol combined, I am still in pain, less but it's still there.

IS this normal - should I still be in pain?  There are no visible signs of infection, swelling is reasonable.  Just expected to be in much less pain by now?

I'd appreciate your thoughts/experiences

Thanks,

Sam

Offline paigeegirl3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Meniscus repair
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
I had a meniscus repair Jan 5 this year. I know i was in a great amount of pain. But i was put on oxycodone for pain  medicine. When i would take it i would fall asleep within 20 minutes even splitting it in half and having half. But i had to go back to school and ween off of the medicine. I know I was in pain for at least 8 days before i was able to ween off. The pain depends on how much your moving around. For me I tried getting out of the house and i know Id come home and be begging for some. Having you been moving around alot?

Offline Toocold

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Meniscus repair
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
I had better luck with Tramadol if I took Naproxen with it.