Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Scheduled PKR  (Read 5618 times)

Offline juieb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Scheduled PKR
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:31 AM »
 After much thought and after trying different, more conservative, methods, I have my PKR scheduled for my left knee.  It is next Tuesday, Dec 11.  I am both nervous and excited.  I'm am so hopeful that there will be no pain when all is said and done.  After two scopes and an OATS that was not totally successful, it was time. 
LK scope May 2008
LK OATS May 2009
LK scope Sept 2010
RK scope Dec 2011
LK Uni scheduled Dec 2012

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: Scheduled PKR
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 04:50:28 AM »
Hi there,

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery.  I have 2 PKRs and count them a fantastic blessing.  I wish you the success that I have had-back to work teaching in 6 weeks with each of them.  Just a reminder-get your handicapped sticker on Monday if you don't have it already.  You don't want to have to use crutches for long distances when you start to feel better and are getting cabin fever in a couple of weeks.

Good healing :)

Linda
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

Offline juieb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
Thank you, Linda!  I am eight days out from my surgery now and I'm not doing too bad. I'm off of the crutches and doing my exercises.  I think my biggest challenge will be getting my flexion back to where it needs to be.  I'm still foggy because of the pain meds but that was expected.  I'm going to keep moving along! 
Please let me know if anyone has questions about my procedure. 
LK scope May 2008
LK OATS May 2009
LK scope Sept 2010
RK scope Dec 2011

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 02:33:41 AM »
Its great to hear you are doing so well.  The flexion is always a challenge, especially if you have been limping for a while, but it will come.  Doesn't it make a difference to know that the pain will be better each day rather than the same dreaded pain all day, every day?  I think the bruising from the lovanox was worse than the knee pain after surgery.

Wish me well, I am having surgery tomorrow on my thumb which is bone-on-bone.  Hopefully it will go as smoothly as all my previous surgeries.  I am very grateful that I have always been fixable when I fall apart.

Good healing :)

Linda
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

Offline juieb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
Hi Linda,
I hope that you are doing well after the surgery on your thumb.  I have to say, arthritis is no fun to have.  I am also grateful that things can be fixed.  I had surgery on my right foot earlier this year to fix some arthritis damage.
Take care,
Julie
LK scope May 2008
LK OATS May 2009
LK scope Sept 2010
RK scope Dec 2011

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
Merry Christmas Julie,

My surgery went well and thanks to a surgeon who listens, I have had proper pain medication and don't have a lot of discomfort.  We had our family Christmas on Saturday and our daughters took care of everything while the grandkids ran around the house and enjoyed their new toys.  It was extremely relaxing to just sit there and occasionally snoopervise in the kitchen, but I don't think I want to ever do it again.

Hope you are relaxing this vacation too.  Good healing!

Linda :) 

right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012