Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Newbie Here, Having Trillat Tomorrow  (Read 890 times)

Offline EH9905

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Newbie Here, Having Trillat Tomorrow
« on: December 03, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
I am a 38 y/o with PF problems for 15 years.  Failed lateral release 12/04.  Tore ligament 07/11.  Scheduled for Trillat tomorrow. 
I have extreme anxiety :o over the procedure and recovery.  Anyone that can give insight would be greatly appreciated. ;)
Thank you.
Erika

Offline EH9905

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Newbie Here, Having Trillat Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »
Just found out from surgical nurse they are also doing a lateral release.  I already had a failed lateral release in 08, wonder if it will work this time in addition to the TTT.

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
I think when a TTT is done the LR is usually more effective as it is in conjunction with the larger realignment surgery - from my reading they need to do some releasing of the soft tissues according to the TTT location.

Good luck tomorrow. Have a look down on the Diaries section, there are a few people having TTTs done, you could also start your own diary and keep us posted?

Lottie  :D
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline Elle0383

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »
I had a TTT, lateral lengthening (like the release, but instead of completely releasing it, my surgeon just made it more lax), and an MPFL reconstruction 3 weeks ago.  I haven't heard many success stories when a lateral release was done on its own.  All of it depends on the underlying anatomy of your knee.  Considering your surgeon deemed a TTT necessary, this is probably why the past lateral release didn't work.   

I was extremely nervous before my surgery.  I was nervous about all of it--the surgery, the anesthesia, the recovery, etc.  You always wonder if you're doing the right thing.  Even though it was tempting to consider backing out, I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do.  What helped me through it was having a complete trust in my surgeon's capabilities (I knew she was "the one" ha...) and knowing that I just couldn't live life like an 80-year old grandma anymore.  My knee was so unstable, that my quality of life really suffered.

You will be fine, and the surgery will be over before you know it.  Let us know how it went.  There's so many of us who have had the exact same thing done and from the things I've read, no one seems to regret it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
11/2012 LK - TTO+MPFL Reconstruction+Lateral Lengthening

Offline EH9905

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
Very upset, they ended up only doing another lateral release, saying there was too much damage to do the trillat.  That we have to discuss our options in our next appointment.
FRUSTRATED!!! ???

Offline EH9905

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
After a second opinion looks like a TKR is in the cards within the next few weeks.

Offline EH9905

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »
TKR is scheduled fr 1/30.

support