Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My Stem Cell Journey  (Read 34672 times)

Offline Chicagodude

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: My Stem Cell Journey
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »
Update on my father:

It's been a little over a week now since the procedure. He told me his hip and knee feel considerably better than pre-stem cells. I'm pretty shocked because my results always took several weeks (4-6) before I noticed anything. Both of his shoulders however are still sore from the procedure and not any better than before the procedure. I'll put out another update on him in a week or so.

Ashok, have a safe trip back to India and good luck with your next procedure with Dr. Adelson. I think I'm going to set up my next appointment in August. Is this cytotron therapy in the US as well? Looks very promising. Let me know how it goes. That's all for now...

How's he doing now?

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »
Update on my Father:

Spoke with him yesterday. He said his hip pain is about 30% better. His knee pain has completely resided (wasn't real bad going in), and his shoulder mobility has increased and pain has decreased. Before he could not lift his arms above his head to dry his back off and now he can.

I go back to Docere Clinic on August 9th for another round of stem cells.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
Nick,

Good to know that he felt better with first set of injections.

2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline Ivy973

• Regular Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 12:57:26 AM »

I am planning a trip to India to visit my parents in August and also planning to have this RFQMR treatment [http://www.cytotrontreatment.com/] just to try and see if it helps with better healing.

Hi Ashok -- have you been able to find objective third party evidence about the efficacy of the Cytotron RFQMR Treatment?  I'm definitely intrigued by it. I have only managed to discover some anecdotal data put out by clinics who provide this service.  So, I'm wondering -- have you decided to try this treatment because you have seen information from a reliable source that indicates it has a strong chance of success?  Or more in line with because it has no side effects and you'll be in India anyway, so what the heck?
Pain onset: 2008
Pain areas: bilateral hips, knees, ankles, toes
Regenerative therapies: prolo, PRP, stem cells

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »
Hi Nickie,

I just responded to your PM

2012 - HGH Injections

Offline zminem

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 12:23:45 AM »
Hi Ashok,

I have been following this thread including your posts. How you feel in your knees since your last Utah combined procedure? I also had one recently, I have not notice a big difference yet.

Regards,

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 04:53:05 AM »
Hi Zminem,

I didn't travel to Utah this time I have rescheduled the appointment. My last injection was in April 2013 since then I am doing pretty good. My knee swelling is very much reduced, clicking/popping sounds have totally gone. I am able to walk for more than 60 minutes without much pain, definitely seeing good progress. 

Regards
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I'll be flying to Utah (Dr. Adelson) this Friday for hopefully my last stem cell treatment. Once this treatment is completed I'm going to wait until December to get another MRI which will hopefully show the lesion has completely filled in. I'll report back after the procedure.

Offline Sturge08

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 10:03:20 PM »
Good luck Nick Cat, I'm looking forward to seeing your pre treatment mri and your post treatment mri. Lets hope they show you what we all want to see. It healed!

Offline zminem

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:58 AM »
Good luck Nick! I will be flying for another appointment with him too. Honestly for now, I don't feel much of improvement in my knee, but I'm hoping with consistent treatments it might improve.

By the way, If you already feel better you don't need the MRI, it doesn't really matter, at least thats my opinion.

All the best,
Z

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 01:37:57 AM »
Thanks zminem. I don't think I will feel comfortable getting back into sports like I was unless the MRI shows complete cartilage healing. I know that I feel better, but the cartilage is important. If I was in my 60's, I would care less about the MRI. I'm still young though. How long has it beed since your treatment?

Offline zminem

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »
It has been a month so far. I know a knee joint is different than a shoulder because its  a weight bearing joint, so I'm hopeful that maybe after some consistent stem cell sessions I might get some benefit. my pain level are between 3 to 4 and its cyclic, meaning that one week would be OK and another would be painful.
anyhow I'm not making the mistake of submitting to surgeries again! ( history of failed meniscal surgery).

Regenerative treatments all the way!  :)
Z.

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 11:53:46 PM »
Update:

I just finished up my stem cell treatment with Dr. Adelson. It wasn't to bad, extraction site feels fine but my shoulder is quite sore. This is my 5th stem cell treatment total over the past 2 years and hopefully my last. I probably won't update this again until my MRI in November/December. If you have any questions feel free to post them or email me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:51:46 AM by NickCat11 »

Offline Ivy973

• Regular Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »
Hey all -- I recently had a consult with a prominent and well-respected  ortho-physiatrist at HSS. He believes that injections of PRP or SD Stem cells are pretty much placebos. He claims that people feel better for a few weeks-to-months post treatment because of the combination of injecting fluid (which may temporarily reduce some inflammation), the subsequent painkillers and resting the joint for a few days. He said that even cultivated stem cells in the manner done by Regennex is not very effective. However, a team affiliated with HSS has been testing out a new stem cell procedure where they are getting documented results with knees that are more measurable and will probably be available to the public near the end of 2013. Has anyone else heard anything like this?
Pain onset: 2008
Pain areas: bilateral hips, knees, ankles, toes
Regenerative therapies: prolo, PRP, stem cells

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
Ivy,

Maybe I can email you my pre and post MRI and you can show it to your foolish "prominent" doctor. Maybe your "prominent" doctor wants to put down everyone else so his "new" stem cell treatment he's working on will get more attention. Maybe your "prominent" doctor needs to do more research. Maybe your "prominent" doctor's profession feels threatened by these new treatments so his only recourse is to make uneducated statements about them saying they're useless. By the way, this thread that I started was for my results and my story as well as others to share theirs. Not someone coming in and posting bogus comments by their so called "prominent" doctor. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:39:31 AM by NickCat11 »

support