Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My Stem Cell Journey  (Read 34671 times)

Offline vishforu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: My Stem Cell Journey
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
Hi Ashok,

I am greatly in need of understanding the Prolotherapy procedure as I am looking forward to go for it for my Knee pain. As you are aware that how difficult it is to live your life with constant pain that affects your day to day activities, I am also seeking relief for my knee pain.

First of all I would like to detail my history and present condition so that it would be more easy for me to ask you few basic questions.

Symptoms of my knee pain:
1) Severe pain in Knee joints (both).
2) Swelling in area above knee cap. (its on and off and doesn't last long)
3) Can't handle day to day activity in normal course due to knee pain.

Extra Information:
1) I am Male with hight 6 feet, body well buildup (little over weight :) ), body weight 83 kilogram, having age 50.
2) I am bowlegged.
3) My father also had same problem with the knee joints.
4) However first time I experienced the knee pain in Oct-2010 and since it started growing more.
5) I also had minor accident once (got jerk while I was stepping down through stare case and fell down). Before this accident I had already started experiencing knee pain.
6) I have never gone through any surgery or medication, except using massage with oils and ointment for pain relief.
7) Presently I am carrying over daily activities like Walking, Workout in gym (to strengthen knees) however pain persist all day in knee joints. Meaning The pain has not yet reached to the level where I have to take support of crutches.

Based on the detail mentioned above few questions I wanted to ask you:

1) I wanted to determine whether my Knee pain belongs to the category of Osteoarthritis or not?
2) I have not gone through with any series of Medical Test so which type of tests you would suggest to determine what exactly is wrong with the knee joints?
3) What is advisable to me; Prolotherapy or PRP or Stem Cell based treatment?

Looking forward for your reply.
Appreciate your help and welcome any suggestion you may have.

Thanks,
Vishal

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 05:54:07 PM »
Hi Vishal,

Please consult with the Orthopedic doctor and get an MRI to understand the situation of your knee before planning the treatment.

2009 - Partial Meniscetomy
2010 - Cartilage Debridement
2010 - 2011 - Prolotherapy, PRP, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Prolozone
2011 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD and Regenexx-SCP
2012 - HGH Injections
2013 - Regenexx-PL, Regenexx SD, Regenexx-AD and Regenexx-SCP

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
I would like to post the progress of my knee this time.

Its been more than 3 years since I had my knee injury [Injury happened in July 2009]. Since then its been a painful journey all along. Crutch usage after surgery made things very worse in fact it was affecting my other joints. I was not able to walk without the crutch so I was forced to use it.

I was finding it difficult to walk even 5-10 minutes continuously before but now after more than 3 years I was able to walk 2 hours continuously with minimal pain. Definitely pain was there but minimal and manageable pain and the good thing is there wasn't much swelling after walking. I did not get an MRI yet so not sure if there is any cartilage growth or not but function of the knee has very much improved.

After trying various protocols including Surgery, Prolotherapy, Prolozone, PRP, HGH, Testosterone injections into Knee, Bone Marrow Prolotherapy, Ayurvedic, Stem Cell Injections and Physical therapy in the last 3 years along with supplements now able to see some improvement in my knee.

I  have planned my 3rd Stem cell injections but this time I have scheduled with Dr.Adelson from UTAH for April 15th.
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
Ashok,

Good news man. Your case as well as Rob's (another forum member) supports my point about this treatment that it's not always a one shot miracle. It can take numerous sessions depending on the severity and joint injured. I think a lot of people give up after one time when they don't see any improvement, even if money isn't an issue. Keep us updated on your progress.

Offline norcal7

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:34 AM »
NickCat11,

How did you like Dr. Adelson in Utah?  Would you recommend him and his facility for stem cell injections?  I have bone on bone in my right knee, and have had microfracture surgery, went in for another surgery the oats procedure, but they couldn't do that because the area was too big with bone on bone.  The original injury was from playing soccer and I just wanna play again one day hopefully.  My knee gets swollen from just walking around for an hour, and I was hoping the stem cells with prp injections would help with that a little.  Also I live in California and was wondering when you went to get the injections, are you able to just fly to Utah get the injections, and then fly out the same day?  Or do you need to stay overnight or a couple of days?  Any information would be great.  Thanks!!

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 07:55:07 AM »
Norcal,

Dr. Adelson in Utah is great. I flew in and out the same day (I live in NJ) last month when I went. I'd recommed staying at least one night though for your first time since you don't know what to expect. Shoot his nurse an email with any questions you might have ([email protected]). She's very helpful.

Offline norcal7

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 06:29:41 AM »
NickCat11,

Thanks so much for the information!!!  I will definitely email her and try and make an appointment.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 02:08:45 AM »
Just came back from Utah after having bone marrow + Fat procedure from Dr. Adelson.
Will update my progress after few weeks. I have done this procedure 3 months after my second Regenexx-SD.
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline Chicagodude

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 07:29:54 AM »
ashok_guru, how was your experience with Dr. Adelson?

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »
Update:

My shoulder feels great (knock on wood). I can't remember the last time I had any pain in the area of the cartilage defect. I'm hoping this is a sign that it has filled in with more cartilage. My rotator cuff tear rarely bothers me as well. I'm looking to get one more treatment in July/August and then get a MRI (hopefully my last) in December.

On another note, my father is flying out to see Dr. Adelson for a stem cell treatment for his arthritic hip next Friday. I will post his status on this thread as well. 

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
Hi ChicagoDude,

My experience with Dr.Adelson was good especially with respect to cost of the treatment.
Dr. Adelson's procedure and Regenexx are entirely different protocol. I had procedures from different doctor's I felt Dr.Shiple method was bit comfortable.

I was bit not comfortable with Bone draw from Dr.Adelson, he uses mallet and needle to pierce through illac crest bone though they offer laughing gas which I didnot opt for later felt that I should gave gone for that. It kind of freaked me a bit but that didnot last though  8)

Unlike Regenexx procedures where they perform micro injury to mimic the injury before placing the cells and precision placement were not done with Dr.Adelson.  Yes they do use fluoroscopy while injecting but I felt they are not placing the cells directly on the impacted area rather they just inject the cells into joint space. After Regenexx-SD injections I had  this to have more cells into the injury site for better healing.
In my next visit I am planning to check with Dr.Adelson about precision placement on the impacted area in the knee.

Regarding improvement, my knee functions have improved a lot better. I am out of my crutches for a while now. I am able to walk now for more than 2 hours without much pain. I am going for walk these days regularly in the evening and enjoying the summer a bit after July 2009  :D Inflammation is down to a greater extent. Even after walking 2 hours I dont see the inflammation coming back though there is very minimal swelling.  Climbing stairs and climbing down still bit difficult but overall I would say in the last 2 years after starting stem cell injections I have improved 65%. I am not sure if there is a cartilage growth in my knee, yet to go for MRI. I am going to Dr. Adelson by July 12th for one more cocktail [Bone Marrow concentrate + Fat] injection. Will keep you posted on the updates. For now keeping myself active with stationary biking, walking and stretching regularly.

Since I had a prolonged issue in my knee and was overusing the other one, it started bothering me last time with Dr. Adelson I had a injection on the other knee as well. Cost of injection for two knees is $1400/-
2012 - HGH Injections

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »
Update on my father:

My father flew out to Dr. Adelson yesterday for his stem cell treatments. He ended up having his knee, hip, and both shoulders done! He said everything went pretty smoothly. He said he had no pain during the marrow draw, I guess everyone reacts differently to it. I'll give an update on his condition in about 2 weeks. Any questions about my experience or his in the meantime, post a response here or shoot me an email. Thanks.

Offline ashok_guru

• Regular Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
Nick,

Good to hear that your father did alright with the procedure. Hope he feels better soon.
Also good to know that your shoulder is fine, waiting for your MRI report.

I am planning to travel to UTAH by July 12th for another set of injection with Dr.Adelson I will keep updated about the progress as usual. I am still not sure if I have any cartilage regeneration on my knee but would say my function of the knee has very much improved anyway keeping my finger crossed. Right now dont have any plans to go for MRI may be early next year.

I am planning a trip to India to visit my parents in August and also planning to have this RFQMR treatment [http://www.cytotrontreatment.com/] just to try and see if it helps with better healing.

2012 - HGH Injections

Offline NickCat11

• Regular Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »
Update on my father:

It's been a little over a week now since the procedure. He told me his hip and knee feel considerably better than pre-stem cells. I'm pretty shocked because my results always took several weeks (4-6) before I noticed anything. Both of his shoulders however are still sore from the procedure and not any better than before the procedure. I'll put out another update on him in a week or so.

Ashok, have a safe trip back to India and good luck with your next procedure with Dr. Adelson. I think I'm going to set up my next appointment in August. Is this cytotron therapy in the US as well? Looks very promising. Let me know how it goes. That's all for now...

Offline zminem

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 11:57:41 PM »
Hey guys,

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, this is helping a lot. I have a torn lateral meniscus, had 2 surgeries with no improvement, after that I tried prolotherapy, PRPs, stem cells and prolozone, I had some improvements, but I'm still trapped in cycle of pain. It has been 2 years and half since my original injury. I will never give up to surgeries again. I have an appointment with Dr.Adelson soon, and I will give the combined stem cell therapy a try.

Do any of you know if it has any success with Meniscus injuries?

Anyways, I will keep you updated with my results after I go to docere clinic.

Thank you all for this thread,

Regards,
Z.