Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2 weeks post op- Great Site!!  (Read 2211 times)

Offline berlinathena

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 weeks post op- Great Site!!
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
I just got done replying to someones post, thanking them and this site, and figured I should do it with my own topic.

I want to thank this site and all those that have told their story and progress here. I did write up a segment on my story- bone tumor removal and bone graft.  I have gotten more information on here that explains a lot of things to me and I don't feel so alone! Thank you to everyone that has any input!!

My Dr. is vague in some information and I begining to believe that is because everyone is different and the Dr. lets you run your own course. I was just so worried that he doesn't know how much pain I'm in, or that he is going to try to send me off back to work too soon.

The other day, I took a horrible fall on my crutches at home. Ohhh the pain!  My boyfriend brought me to the Dr.'s office, xray showed I fractured my patella (insult to injury), after the Dr. looked at the xray for a while, he said we will just leave it. I'm guessing because I'm basically imbolized now anyhow. I do wear a leg brace during the day. I figure just more pain for a little longer, or at this point it really isn't making much of a difference for me.

I sleep two hours a night, then wake up in pain. I'm starting PT and know the knee needs to start moving. I still have swelling and the knee doesn't budge. I'm guessing there will be a lot of tears with this.

I will be looking/reading the forums here for insight and motivation,. Thank you to those great people that keep coming back as a cheering section---- I LOVE it and it doees make a difference. A lonely feeling when you are in constant pain is not good. Here, people understand!

grateful.... :-* :)

Offline Lana1

• Regular Poster
Re: 2 weeks post op- Great Site!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
Oh honey, I hope you fell better soon, it sucks being in pain, nobody around understands how bad it is unless they are going through the similar situation.
Lots of hugs.
Lana

Offline berlinathena

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: 2 weeks post op- Great Site!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
Lana, thank you. It's amazing all the people that come together for support and to share their experiences.

My pain has gotten better. I still wake up every two hours with pain and will take one pain pill and do some stretches, massage and approx 2 hrs later, I fall asleep. Needless to say, the sleep issue really sucks right now.

I'm still non-weight bearing and my shoulder is really bad with the crutches now, so I try to stay off them.

I go back to the Dr. on Nov. 14, so we will see what the Dr. says. I'm hoping somewhat positive, although I'm worried about my range of motion: ~63.

Take care and thank you!

support