Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Spasms Post-QTR?  (Read 3199 times)

Offline YogaSkier

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Spasms Post-QTR?
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:48:54 AM »
Has anyone else had issues with muscle spasms after a QTR? If so, what helped? I've been prescribed Valium for it, but, I would love to find some alternatives to taking more meds. Even more so I would LOVE to sleep through the night!  ;D

Offline YogaSkier

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Spasms Post-QTR?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:57:37 AM »
Come'on SOMEONE out there has to have gone through this and have some brilliant ideas??? I tried heat and although it didn't cause swelling (which one my PTs had said was a possibility), it didn't alleviate the spasms at all. At times they are lasting 30 min plus, at that point I do resort to Valium and tears. Both of which I dislike immensely!  8) I don't want o whine to my OS and/or PT, but, my ability to have a good attitude is seriously compromised when I don't sleep more that 3-4 hours per night. I'm beginning to dread night time...

Offline spoonsie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:04:12 PM »
No help here,  they gave me ativan for it and it barely works.

Offline Shawn N

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »
I had spasms post RPT surgery.  TAKE THE VALIUM!  Im not a big "pill guy" either, but you've just gone through a pretty major injury/surgery.  I have a friend who also had spasms post-op.  She also had three children natually and told me the pain of the spasms is as close as you will ever come to child birth without leaving with a baby.  I never would have had more than one child if thats how it feels.  There are no heros after these type injuries.  I only had to take the valium about a week, just long enough for the trauma of the injury/surgery to subside slighty.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline TexasBill

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »
Hi,
I have a bit of a different injury(PTR) but was prescribed a muscle relaxant called Flexiril that not only cuts out the spasms but also helps me sleep better.  I have also heard here that drinking a lot of water may help.  Also when I used to weightlift bananas (potassium ) always helped
Bill