Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: new to board. Here is my story...  (Read 575 times)

Offline mandyinsd

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
new to board. Here is my story...
« on: October 22, 2012, 06:10:13 PM »
Hello All,

Thanks for reading my post.  I am new to the board so I am going to start with my story and then go from there.

In January of this year I was kicked in my left knee twice at work.  After an MRI it showed a lateral meniscus tear and acl tear.  There was not much swelling at this time but alot of pain.  After trying PT for couple months it was determined that surgery was necessary to repair the meniscus.  My surgery was done on June 22, 2012.  When I was awoken from the anesthisia I was told there was a lot more damage then first thought.  I don't know all the medical terms but they completed a repair to my later meniscus that in order to heal I would be immobilized for 6 weeks. They also repaired my medial meniscus, cleaned up ACL, completed a chrondoplasty and disclocated and shifted over my knee cap. Well at 7 weeks postsurgery I was cleared to start PT and to begin the excrutiating task of bending and straightening my knee.  I went to 18 sessions of PT,which was 3 days a week and around 2 hours each time.  These sessions were intense. I had to take Percocet just to handle the pain.  I had severe swelling all the way down my leg to my foot the entire time.  After all this, On Oct 11 I could only bend my knee to 88degrees and to 91 with assistance.  The surgeon determined that I needed to go under and have manipulation under general anesthesia.  He said if the scar tissue doesn't break up easily that he will need to go in an scope it out at that time.  He also was not 100% sure that my lateral meniscus healed.  Needless to say that the WC insurance has denied everything. I now have a lawyer and am seeing a new surgeon.  He has ordered an MRI and then we will go from there.  I walk with a severe limp, I still swell up and my lower back and right knee are now affected due to my altered gait. 

Anyone have a similar story and what was done and what was your outcome?  I feel so frustrated, I want my life back!  :'(.  Thanks again everyone for any help.

support