Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Mpfl now done  (Read 518 times)

Offline Steve 78

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Mpfl now done
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
So guys had my mpfl done Friday got to Solihull hospital at 7am they said I was first one down ending up being last down ,when I come round I have never felt pain like that in my life and to be honest the morphine only
Took the edge off the pain so had to stay in for the night which wast bad physio lady came and gave me crutches lesson ,going upstairs is bearable coming down is a different story ,let me out this afternoon so glad to be back home just hope going through this pain is worth it and I'm not on about x factor I shall post again to say how it is going

Offline RLE

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
Re: Mpfl now done
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:01:31 AM »
Congratulations you're now a member of the club. The pain is hideous, if you haven't experienced it it's not possible to imagine- for a long time but it does get better and so worth it. It's very strange to look down at my kneecap and see it's sitting dead center for the first time in memory. I won't need to wear a brace anymore for exercise. !! I hope you'll be as happy with your results as I and others have been. Just remember it does get better!
 :-*
Accident 2011: permanent dislocation, hole under the patella, bone fragments/debris embedded, scar tissue, 3 torn ligaments, fracture, cartilage sheared off, contracture,
2011 MUA
PT on-going
2012 MPFL reconstruction,TTT
        TTT
        Lateral lengthenin
        Arthroscopy/clean out
Thx Dr. T

support