Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MPFL in June, LCL problem now?  (Read 506 times)

Offline vineet777

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MPFL in June, LCL problem now?
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
Hey guys, I just had MPFL in June on both my legs. I had patellar dislocations on both legs because my bone structure made it hard for my kneecap to stay in.

Anyway, after maybe a month or two of the surgery, I started noticing that something that felt like a muscle or vein used to stick out of my knee. Whenever it came out, I solely just pushed it back in. It comes out on the lateral side, and this problem only occurs on my left knee.

I asked my doctor what was wrong, and according to him nothing, and he just told me to wait and watch. I finally decided a few days ago to check for myself what this projection was, and I am pretty sure that it is my LCL that is randomly displacing. When it does displace, I just push it back in and it is fine for some time, after which it displaces again.

What do you guys think? Is it my LCL? Or is it something else? And if so, have I torn my LCL or what? And what should I do to stop this projection from coming up? I really don't want more surgery, MPFL on both legs at once was horrible enough.

This projection increases when I use my knee a lot, such as when I play badminton lightly (my PT told me I can play lightly) or when I bike--to the point where it comes out up to 1 to 2 times a minute. Whenever it happens it does pain--i feel a stretching under my patella and on the lateral side of my knee, and if I don't fix the projection it continues to hurt... A LOT.

Much thanks,
Vineet