Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help post op-ACL revision surgery  (Read 472 times)

Offline TAR

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help post op-ACL revision surgery
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:36:15 PM »
It took a long time, but I finally found out that my revision ACL is malpositioned as was my first ACL.  What effects does this have on my recovery and how is ths affecting me besides contributing to my pain and -10 extension?  It has been 1 1/2 years since my revision and I am really mad!!!  My new doctor said he can't do another revision and that I am probably looking at a knee replacement! It seems that I may have gotten better if these doctors were more honest and/or more experienced with these procedures.  I just don't understand how this could happen twice.  I've been out of work for 20 months and in therapy only two find out my ACL is malpositioned again, one screw is coming out, nerve damage from PT, shorten patella tendon, no mobility in my knee cap, muscle atrophy, cyclops cyst.....what do I do???  I am so depressed at 42 with a nine year old and the fear of losing our house if I can't get social security to help with our bills.....  how can this happen in today's day and age?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:13:15 PM by TAR »

support