Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella tendon rupture to both knees!!!!!  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Humpy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella tendon rupture to both knees!!!!!
« on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Hello KneeGuru

Hopefully i have posted this in the correct section for some positive feedback.

I had a accident at work where i tripped over a tree root after a funny dance i collapsed and couldn't stand when i was helped up i quickly collapsed again i was taken to the nearest A&E department where after much poking pulling and prodding they come to the conclusion i had rupture the patella tendon in both knees.

The accident was on 01-08-12 the surgery was the following day where i was in full casts until 15-08-12 where i went to fracture clinic had my staples removed and was and discharged but remained in plaster  for a further 2 weeks, when the casts were finally taken of i went into the hinged knee braces with a maximum of 30 degree flexion i have been attending physio at my local dr's surgery which has been good for my movement but it's not going to well. My right knee at 2 months post surgery is at 80-90 degrees but my left is only 40-50. i am due back in surgery 11-10-12  to remove the wire loops  which were fitted during surgery my main reason for joining this site is to find out similar experiences as my own the first surgery was at the East Surrey hospital at Redhill and all follow up appointments and surgery will be at the William Harvey hospital Ashford Kent where i live.

My issues are the conflicting versions between the 2 surgical teams and what was actually done in the first operation as iv'e been told the tension wires don't need to come out but the WHH have me booked in to remove them as they will allow more movement and aide my rehab making it quicker in truth i'm not really sure what is going on as you can't ever speak with the actual consultants just members of there team

With regards

Matt

Offline KGmodsk

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Patella tendon rupture to both knees!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »
Hi Matt

Read your post on the KneeGuru thread - you need to respost on The Ruptured Patella Tendon Surgery thread - read as many of the previous posts as possible, ASK questions.

I have sent you a set of documents which I have compiled over the last years.

ASK questions. lots of buddies out there to help you.   A double rupture is so rare.

Best wishes
JohnK/ Manchester UK

support