Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Kinespring operation  (Read 79736 times)

Offline bendzeknees

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Kinespring operation
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:50 PM »

I meet other "springers" the last few months I must also say I was the "happier one " with the results maybe a bit of luck is also the result or relaxed approch  I didn´t stress myself to much at the begining or the journey  maybe that the trick ?

The journey back to a good recovery & fitness level takes longer than expected. I'm sure the feedback from the various centres will be showing that and therefore help to set reasonable expectations for those having the procedure.

Offline bendzeknees

• Regular Poster
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »
Still trying to get the range of montion that I would like to have.  I have decent range (135 degrees), but cannot squat down on my heals like I would like to.  I'm being told that may be the maximum, which is a fine trade for no pain.

My biggest issue is with nerves in my foot.  The thinking is that a nerve was damaged during the surgery and that it will eventually grow back.  The results are that the outside of my foot feels "asleep" most of the time and is also hypersensitive to pain.  I also cannot walk for more than 2 hours (like at an amusement park) without the ball of my foot becoming painful.  This is still a vast improvement over the inablity to walk across the street without pain in my knee.

I didn't ever do squats with weights - just free squats. I'm ok with them now and can pretty much get down on to my heels and back up with no issues around knee - just my fitness!

I had a completely numb area around the front of my knee and towards the medial side. That has improved. Feeling is there but just a little numbness left. That took 12months+.

Offline bendzeknees

• Regular Poster
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
My 2yr checkup is due in a weeks time. I don't think I'll hear anything unexpected as things are going well. The only slight issue is that on the odd occasion I do manage to twist my knee slightly I can get swelling easily. It goes away over a few days and I just take a few anti-inflammatory tabs.

Other than that it feels great. Walking, cycling, swimming and rarely aware of the Kinespring.

Still the best option for me and hopefully it will continue to function for many years to come.

I'll report back on progress next week. 

Offline manel_abuelo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
Hi all, I'm on my almost one moth kinespring portoperation day, glad to found this forum. I had some questions to ask to the experiencied springers, I got yesterday a pain exactly as someone descibed on the forum as sharp shooting pain on the central part of my knee, It was really painfully, even harder than the day after the surgery. Does anyone know where this pain ( as well the shin pain ) comes from ? Is it normal  ? when should I expect it to completely disappear ?
An also, has someone a set of exercises appropiates to the kinespring rehabilitation ? I'm in Barcelona and this operation system is very new, I thing I'm the second case on my city and I have the felling that rehab staff is not enough trained yet on the suitable exercises to employ.
Thanks in advance,  I hope I ve made the correct desicion with this operation and be helpfull for new pacients on the comming future, especially in my country where there isn't many information

Offline manel_abuelo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »
Hi all, I'm on my almost one moth kinespring portoperation day, glad to found this forum. I had some questions to ask to the experiencied springers, I got yesterday a pain exactly as someone descibed on the forum as sharp shooting pain on the central part of my knee, It was really painfully, even harder than the day after the surgery. Does anyone know where this pain ( as well the shin pain ) comes from ? Is it normal  ? when should I expect it to completely disappear ?
An also, has someone a set of exercises appropiates to the kinespring rehabilitation ? I'm in Barcelona and this operation system is very new, I thing I'm the second case on my city and I have the felling that rehab staff is not enough trained yet on the suitable exercises to employ.
Thanks in advance,  I hope I ve made the correct desicion with this operation and be helpfull for new pacients on the comming future, especially in my country where there isn't many information

Offline Apleyboy

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2015, 06:16:32 AM »
I ve not been in the forum for some time (sorry) , I m now 2 year 4 month post op , do sometime come to limits but in general very happy its a long road . but better than a replacement joint...
tip for the newer country have a x ray photo  on you mobile phone you tell Dr / physio you´ve got a spring fitted normal reply is"NO it a artifical joint" show them the photo and they shut up ! and listen..

I m back sking to a recreational level I know my limit and enjoy the days on the mountains and all of my normal day to days thing so I m a happy springer,  just stay calm and aviod over loading at the start it will pay off later

Offline swisschrisuk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2016, 09:12:24 AM »
Hello - just wondering if this thread could be reactivated?
My interest is that my wife had the kinespring operation which failed and was removed. WOuld be interested in prompting discussions around post-op failure recovery ...
Thanks