Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Amputation after MRSA  (Read 104563 times)

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
Re: Amputation after MRSA
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 04:17:33 AM »
I think all you can do is take one day at a time. With everything you've been through, some darker days are inevitable. There are a ton of challenges ahead and it's going to feel overwhelming sometimes. But do your best to hold onto that amazing determination, your strength, the friends and the boyfriend who are supporting you, and the comfort your music brings. You will get through this. There will be better days.

*hugs* Thinking of you and sending strength and good thoughts.
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline mdk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 06:59:41 AM »
Just wanted to let you know I've been keeping a concerned eye on the thread, and I'm rooting for ya. Hang in there.
Also, I'm Batman.

Busted since 2008.
left LR/Meniscus repair August 2011
Fulkerson TTT January 2012
Scope/cleanup September 2012

"Gimpin' Ain't Easy"

Offline KartBoy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
My thoughts are with you too, hang in there Malin and just take it one day at a time. I've got very good at distracting myself and just trying to be kind to myself. I try not to think of the pile of tablets I put out each night and just set realistic goals and celebrate the good bits of the day.

Kartboy
7th Mar 08 - Pedestrian hit by car
10th Mar 08 - TPF (Plate + 6 screws)
12th Mar 08 - TPF Revision
Feb 09: Hardware removed + scope
Jun 10: ACI Stage I
Aug 10: ACI II (Stanmore)
Oct  11 - MRI + Scope (In pain)
Aug 12 - MRI + Scope (In more pain)
Sep 12 - TKR ruled out :(

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 10:57:27 PM »
Just want to thank you one for the sweet thoughts.
Am still very down but try pull life together.
There's so much that needs to be done and I think that combined with my long hospital stay has worn me out a bit.
My mentor came and took me out today. He is so good to me and show me what I can do.
I also freaked out a bit about the eventual man in my life, for him to face me as I am. It's not easy to think about that.
I think I'm a bit scared to meet the world.
I need a new home. I also have a passed in my life that makes my life more complicated. I wish I could tell here but I can't.
But I have since some years a new identity. And the passed in my life is kicking my butt once again.

Pain is some better. We have it controlled with the meds and add up with painpump in between when I need that.
My epilepsy has given me some smaller seizures but thankfully no grand mal.
I have been up shortly again on my crutches.

I just wish to move on in life and to find some peace and calm inside of me.
Once again..thanks. /Malin

Offline silverghost

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
Hi Malin

As the other guys have said we are all keeping up with your amazing recovery and hard work!

Try not to think about the past, we all have skeletons in our closet and every once in a while they try to get out and show themselves.  It is not good to go backwards especially when you have been through what you have..

Keep them locked away for that rainy day when your writing your novel and your lifestory! It's bound to be a best seller well im sure you will have all us knee geeks queuing for a copy!

Take carex

SG
'96 ACL reconstruction
'09 Arthroscopy/cartilage repair
Diagnosed with Grade 4 OA no medial cartilage and significant varus alignment
'11 fitted with off loading knee brace
'12 HTO, meniscus transplant, acl reconstruction & microfracture all in 1 go!

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
Thanks SG !

Maybe one day IF I get famous for my music, I will start writing my life story!

Bad news is that I had another seizure last night a grand mal. So now I will be set on 24 hours EEG to see what is going on more closer.
It will give a hindsight to what kind of meds that will work best for me.
Good news is that I managed to jump on crutches 50 meters today= 54 yards !
I need to strenghten my left leg more. So will work hard on that.
Pain is also some better and I have been off the painpump most of the time now. Of course I'm set on ton of other meds, but at least that gives me the chance to come home soon.
I'm still looking for a new home and have done some bids on some apartments, so wait now for answers.
And the guy is still waiting for me....I hope be able see him soon. Is a bit nervous about that though. Yet he did say something beautiful, as I see you now when we meet is how I always will see you.

SG, I died almost some years ago and that is the old things that has come back after me. One person did me really bad then and he is out again!
I get counseling now for all and have meet some amazing people helping me.

/Malin

Offline YogaGirl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
    • my MPFL recovery + yoga blog
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
Hey MDJ,

Just wanted to let you know that I, too, am thinking about you and wishing you good thoughts and a quick recovery. Your spirit is inspiring. Truly. And because you have such an amazing outlook on life I have no doubt that you will get through this, running, basketballing, DJing and whatever else you decide to do with yourself.

I'm also advocating that you write a book... you have an amazing life story and there's still so much more to live!

Good luck with the house hunting and the gentleman... Isn't it nice to have these regular world 'problems' to come back to?? Hope you're feeling good and the meds are being sorted out properly!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:09:45 PM by YogaGirl »
www.peaceloveknees.com <---- check out my MPFLr blog
www.brightskyyoga.com

Offline silverghost

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
Hi Malin

You really do sound such a sweet person and I am sorry that someone has wanted to hurt you so bad in the past.  There are some terrible people in this world but also some inspirational ones and then there are the majority of us in a middle sort of category.. I am sure everyone on here knows which category you are in and I am glad to hear you are having counselling with people who can meet and help you in your mind...

I am sorry you are having seizures still and they are having difficulty getting your meds right this can't be helping with your thoughts and feelings. I know its easy for me to say put the past aside as I am sure you have tried but you really do have more than enough to contend with without things from the past worrying you..

Keep believing in yourself Malin as we all do!

SG
'96 ACL reconstruction

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
Thanks YogaGirl and SG !

YogaGirl, yes it's so nice with the things outside hospital. To see there is a life still to catch up with.

News on my front is that I have an 2 bedroom handicapsuited apartment downtown in my city from 1st of December! Very very happy!!

Today my mentor will pick me up for some adventure. I have no idea where we are going. It's very tricky still to get in and out of a car but I have just tried it once.
Pain has been higher during the night, but probably has to do with the walking yesterday.
Feels like I have a ton of meds to take every day. For pain, for tummy, for epielpsy, for allergies...oh well by time I am convinced a lot of them will go.
I feel much more positive then som days ago.
I also got confirmed that I will get some special made prostethics that a co-worker in UK will pay for. But for now I am still most in the wheelchair as I have to build myself up more.
/Malin

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »
Yesterday was good but hard on me.
My mentor picked me up and we went to my hometown, yes believe that or not.  ;DHe had planned everything behind me so all was arranged.
I got to see my new apartment and then we went to one of my dearest friends. She's in wheelchair so OK for me to get in there.
I rested some hours and we sat talking. Then she made dinner. After dinner we went back to Stockholm.
I had wanted to stay over night but pain was up in roof and I have IV meds that I need every evening.
The apartment is avesome!
So today just resting. Painpump is my best friend today.
But was well worth getting pain for!!!
/Malin

Offline silverghost

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »
Great to hear your new apartment is fab! Just in time for xmas hope youve decided where your tree will go on your visit!

I could do with borrowing your painpump!, if you don't mind, nothing like yours i'm sure but im going through a tough pain time myself at the moment and its only your story that's keeping me going and pushing through my own pain...

Take care Malin and have a good rest tonightx

SG
'96 ACL reconstruction

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »
Awww thanks SG !

Well, I have not come that far yet to plan for Christmas. There's a long road yet that I need to pass. But eventually that is going to happen too.

Today I have painmanagement team meeting, phys, psychologhist and then a coffee and work with one of my co-workers. Gonna make some music.
Wow, I will be ready for bed after that!! :o

SG, what is your doc saying regarding your pain ? Yes, wish I could send the painpump over cyberspace. ;D
/Malin

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2012, 12:53:29 AM »
So I'm set for EnMG, scintigrafi to rule out where my pain comes from. I have a hard time being up on crutches cause I get so much pain in my limb.
It could be either a neuroma(growth of nerve tissue), CRPS, a nervinjury or just my nervous system havocing around.
Good is that I don't have phantompains.
So now a lot of my phys is concentrated on my left leg cause I have been bedridden for so long.
I hope to get to know what is the cause soon and hopefully get a treatment to get this better so I can work on rehabbing.

I did some great music today in middle of all....gonna be something big I hope./Malin

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Malin

Good luck with the investigations. When will they do this? I am hoping you get an answer. I know that you have Nettan as a great friend who can help you with things like CRPS but I am hopeful your body is just in a state of trauma after everything that has happened. Once you know what it is, then you are right - you can get the right treatment. You really deserve some good news in all of this. I am glad you made some good music though, I look forward to hearing it! Excellent news on the new living place too and the trip out and about. I know it caused pain but it must have felt great to be out in the real world. I am having all fingers crossed for you that they find out what is going on.

Hugs

Lottie xx
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:18 PM »
Thanks Lottie ! ;D Yes, Nettan does so much for me...without her I don't know what I would do. She knows all the practice stuff too that I need to fix with.

I will have the tests tomorrow, so am in for a looooong day. But I will be fine, I'm sure.
Today I have just been resting and working some.
I got good news today about insurance and happy to get to know that I will be just fine regarding money in future.
Pain has been tough since last night, but am fighting my very best to handle it.

Can't wait to start life again and fulltime with my music. 8)
/Malin

support