Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Amputation after MRSA  (Read 104303 times)

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: Amputation after MRSA
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »
Malin

You really deserve a break from all of this! Sorry you've had a rough few days. It must be scary, but you sound like things are slowly improving. I am glad the pain is bearable on the whole with the epidural out. I am sure you'll get back to your music. I am intrigued who you "are" in the music world and who you were working with! I like a lot of the trance/dance kind of DJs/music makers like Van Buuren, Tiesto, Dash Berlin, Deadmau5 and so on. Bit mainstream on the whole I guess but I keep exploring new genres and stuff. Music can lift you like nothing else. You're one tough cookie, hang on in there.

Lottie xx
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »
Let's say that's my world...you hit the spot a lot. :P
I'm the unknown in the known world you can say and I have some reasons for that.
I have done some music released but am on my way up.
I got my breakthrough with international contacts recently.

Working a bit right here right now..I have like ministudio here. :)

Pain is still unbareable at times, but trying to cope. Hoping for the turn around so I can get up more and come HOME!
/Malin

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »
Malin

I hope the pain improves today and over the weekend. What is the feedback from the docs this week? I am assuming you're still off the epidural? Glad the music was spot on - you're a talented gal! I have this aim to see Paul Van Dyk one day..not happened yet! I am also a huge fan of Van Buuren's ASOT station and podcasts, they fuel my exercise routines most days. When you're fighting fit again you should come to Global Gathering in the UK. It is 5 miles from me, we can hear it from our bedroom.  :P

Keeping fingers crossed for a good day for you.  8)

Take care

Lottie

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »
Thank you Lottie !
Maybe better up, find me there on stage in UK...nothing is impossible! :P Be sure you will be a special guest if so. ;)

I got a very nice surprise yesterday though my pain, though still having a temperature.
My best friend Micciz had together with doctors arranged for me to come to her place (that is where I'm gonna live soon during rehab).
So I got help into a dress and fix me up and transportation was arranged and meds with me and off I went to her over the evening.
2 of my other friends were there also. AMAZING !
That was just what I needed. I pay today with more pain and was hooked up to the painpump when I got back 1AM but I don't care.
It was worth all effort.
There is a life after my accident and all my surgeries and other problems and I'm gonna grab it!

We had a planning meeting yesterday morning and they are determined to get me out and up more, but I need to be careful as my immunesystem is so down. I think I can start like myself and life again. My mentor will from next week come twice a week and will also take me out on occasions and teach me how to manage as we have same injury. What comes to pain they have twisted around once again with the meds. Pain is still high and when I do things hard on me, but there's no turning back, they believe it will settle and become better by time. I just have to keep my faith and hope for better days.

This weekend I will just rest cause of the infection, am told to not do to much as I was out yesterday.
/Malin

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »
Malin, you had a girls night in with gossip and chilling and laughter! I bet that felt SO good to get out and escape and feel like your life is coming back. The pain sounds horrible, but as you say what else can you do but grab life by the neck and shake it and grab it! Hope things calm down with an easy day today and your infection is reducing. It wil be good to work with your mentor too, I bet he'll get a lot from you and your attitude too. You know, you have never moaned or complained on here once? That shows some kind of determination.

Have a good weekend,

Lottie xx

PS You're on for the special guest when you're back on stage!  :P

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »
It's incredible that you keep such a positive outlook and your goals firmly in mind with all that's happened to you. You're such a strong person, and an amazing example of what you can do in the face of an adverse situation when you put your mind to it.

People have choices - and you made the choice to not sit there and let it get you - and I wanted to tell you what an amazing person you are for that. I can imagine the ups and downs you go through in the dark of night when the pain is at it's worst... and yet you persevere with such an amazing outlook!

I've got a knee that leaves me in pain daily, that I cannot afford to take off work for several months to have a TKR done - which is all that's left that they can do for me. Like you - I just get on with living and do as much as I can every day, until I can't anymore. - I was under the house last weekend repairing a pipe leak in a sewer pipe because I knew the pipe could be patched, and I don't have a couple grand to replace the pipes - and the plumbing companies aren't allowed to patch pipes, only replace, for some reason, but I, as the homeowner, can patch it - stupid rules! I was able to stop the leak, but I pay the price for squeezing myself into a 16" high space and scooting 30 ft under the house one way....

Here's to hoping your pain levels get down enough that you can start spending more time out of the hospital!!
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »
Thanks Lottie and dm !

Wow dm I can see you there under the house. Hope it has settled a bit by now.

Had some rough days again with pain up in roof and there's not much that can be done about it. I need to get my infection under control as I still get a higher temperature in the evenings. Poke around and do any surgery on me now is dangerous.
So live day by day is what has to be now and build me up.
Today is training, a friend is coming and then a work mate. We are starting up a new music project.
Good to have some equipment here, but I miss some of my things though and of course a big fully studio..but that time will come again.

The docs say that I need time to strenghten myself. Today is hope for being up more at my crutches during training session. I also spend lots of times in bed with weights both for my left leg and for my arms. Just wish myself out from here sometimes.

I have a big goal and that is to be home in my own home for Christmas...it's not impossible...will work hard for that.
 ;D
/Malin

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »
Malin I will be sending you all the positive vibes there are between now and Christmas so that by then you will be home with all your studio equipment round about you and your making wonderful music full time again.
I hope they can get your infection and the pain under control really soon.
Take care Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
Thanks Tez !

So I had another seizure last night and fell to the floor luckily enough on my left side more sort of.
After a night at NICU and EEG, it's done and said. I have epilepsy.
Life hits very hard on me...just a bit to hard to handle and cope.
/Malin

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
Malin,

You are an inspiration to so many of us on this list! Please hang in there & continue the good fight!

Maybe all this will end up in your songs someday? Maybe a book? It's definitely a story that needs to be told one way or another.

Sending many healing thoughts your way!!!

Phoebe

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
Malin

Life is hitting you with way too much junk at the moment. I am sorry to read that you have epilepsy and that you had another seizure. This is all way way unfair on you but I know you'll fight through it all and I expect to be hearing you making music at festivals again in the future. What will they do for the epilepsy? It can pretty much be controlled now, and it might be because of all the trauma you've had and perhaps will go into remission? I don't know enough to really advise but you are in the right place for them to get it under control. I don't think there is anything else to say apart from hang in there, you're such a determined woman and you inspire loads of us on here. Big hugs from the UK

Lottie  {{{{hugs}}}} xx

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »
Thanks Phoebe and Lottie!

I had a scull fracture some years ago after an incident and that is what gives me the epilepsy. It's a long story that I can't take here.
Unfortunately has what I have been gone through now added up the symptoms. I have probably had partial complexed seizures before.
I am sat on meds now for the epilepsy and with some luck they will also help with my nervpain.
I ht the ground pretty hard yesterday so my left hand can't be used for the moment for crutches/wheelchair..but am not allowed to be up now anyways.

Somehow I will move on...../Malin

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 12:01:06 AM »
Is just so very down and don't know what to do.......

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »
What's been happening the last few days? Have they been able to control your epilepsy? Is your pain any better?

You have many people on the list thinking of you & hoping your medical issues will soon be better!

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 03:44:54 AM »
Hang in there Malin, :) :)
You will overcome all of these issues in time. :-*
Take Care,
We are all sending good healing vibes your way.(((HUG)))
Rk4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!