Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Amputation after MRSA  (Read 105874 times)

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
Re: Amputation after MRSA
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
Happy Birthday Malin!!!!

Wonderful to hear you so full of joy, and looking forward to good times ahead...  ;D Must feel amazing!

Hugs to you and your fab friend, I wish you both all the happiness there can be.

Have a great time  8)

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline kcknee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #511 on: June 10, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
Malin-

It's great to read that your life is becoming so wonderful. You deserve the best after everything you have been through. Keep your true friends close and enjoy your music. I hope you have a great birthday.

Kristin
12/31/08 - Skiing injury L knee
6/1/09 - ACL stump removed from joint
8/31/09 - ACLr - Hamstring Graft
12/21/09 - Ant Fasciotomy 
8/26/10 - Anterior Interval Release
12/6/10, 5/5/11, 12/22/11 - Fasciotomy
12/7/12 - Nerve Decompression
6/3/13(m), 7/29/13(l), 12/13/13(m & foot) 2/3/14(l) Fasciotomy

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 5
  • Cats are great recovery companions
« Reply #512 on: June 12, 2013, 12:19:20 AM »
Happy Birthday Malin!!!!  And it is wonderful to hear you are doing so well.  Please enjoy every moment of your time is USA (my side of the pond.)  You are so blessed to have gotten through this, you must be destined for great things.  You truly know you have friends for life after an ordeal such as yours & finding you Love is like icing on the cake.  I hope to hear your music sometime -love all kinds.  My mom will be thrilled to hear you are doing well also -you truly do have people all over cheering for you ;D 

Have a safe & super fun trip & please drop in from time to time to let us know how you are.  Here's to good times from here on out -Cheers, A 
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Scope, plica removal/synovectomy 1/12
Scope, Medial retinacular release and debridement of excess tissues 2/13
Knee Denervation 3/2014

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »
Malin I cant tell you how good it was to hear from you and even more so because you sound so happy and well, I am so pleased ;D ;D
I hope you have a wonderful birthday and your trip to the States is a great adventure, you are one plucky, strong lady to have come through all you have with a smile on your face and still making the music you love
I hope from now on things just get better and better cos if anyone deserves a fantastic life its you...

Take care tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #514 on: June 15, 2013, 05:57:15 PM »
Hi you all!

Thanks for the sweet messages. I hope that you all are doing as well as you can and enjoy life where you are in the world.
Been a lot of working those last days and some new fun stuff on the go.
Also planned to be dj at some private parties. One is tonight. :)

I still live with to much pain and pain meds but I have found some techniques that are helpful for me.
I am happy to be back in life. I have scheduled my days with exercising, stretching, relaxing, massage 2 times a week. The rest of the time is working, enjoying friends and my small family.

I fly to USA the 1st of July and plan to stay for 2 months. If someone is close to L.A. and would like to meet up please write me a private message. It would be lovely to meet someone in real life. I will also be in London for 2 weeks in September.

Wish you all the very best and I do hope your knees stay nice over Summer.

Love Malin 8)

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #515 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »
Malin it is just so good to hear that you are living life and enjoying it again.  I'm sorry that you still have so much pain, but happy you have some good coping strategies.  Your current schedule sounds very healthy for body, mind & spirit.  If I were close to LA I would love to meet you, but I am on east coast.  Maybe someday you'll be in NYC & hubby & I can come see & listen to your music.  Have a wonderful trip, be well & stay safe.  Have a great summer.  Cheers-A
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Knee Denervation 3/2014

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #516 on: June 25, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
Only a couple of days until I'm leaving for USA on Saturday.
A bit nervous but excited. Pain and issues are there, but I think the flights will be ok. Well I hope that.
A lot of things to take with me and also a lot of paperwork. But now is just packing my belongings left. My friend's son will use my apartment when I'm away. A great young good looking guy. :)

A, I might take me to the east coast too. Depends on how we are working with the music. Be sure then I would like to meet you in person. Let's keep in touch.  ;)

I hope you all are doing as well as you can and enjoy Summer.
Love Malin. 8)

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #517 on: June 25, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
Malin!

I missed your last update! I am so happy you are making plans and living life. I am sorry you have pain but hopefully in time things will calm down. I would dearly love to have a coffee with you in London. I am about 90 minutes away on the train so it is very easy for me. To meet you in real life would be amazing. I feel you have come so far and I would love to see how you are doing and talk music with you. I still believe I will see you up on that stage one day pumping out your music! Are you going to be working out in LA? I am sending you every huge best wish for a safe and fun packed trip. LA is lucky to get Malin back again.

Be safe Malin and stay in touch. You can always get me via your friend N on facebook, London would be simply amazing.

Hugs xxx
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #518 on: June 25, 2013, 11:32:59 PM »
Malin- Just wishing you a safe & fun trip.  And yes-if you are going to make it to east coast send me a PM & if I can get there I will.  It would be great to meet you as you have been so inspiring to me & so many others.  I really hope this trip exceeds your expectations, you deserve a whole lot of great in your life.  Cheers-A
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Knee Denervation 3/2014

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #519 on: June 26, 2013, 06:31:29 AM »
Malin!!! So happy to hear you sounding so positive and trying new things, even if they're daunting. I'm a ways north of you in Canada, but if your trip brings you near Vancouver let me know - I would love to meet you in person and toast your remarkable journey. In the meantime, have a fantastic trip and here's to being full of life. :) You are an inspiration to us all.
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #520 on: July 10, 2013, 11:41:59 PM »
Hi all !
As usual thanks for the sweet messages. I'm over in L.A. now working my butt off on my solo career and some other collaborations. This is truly me.  8)
My leg gives me still lots of Daily issues, but I try to get around them in different ways.
I have also been back where my accident was. It was kind of hard and I cried so much but it had to be done. I will never get back to the former me again. But the new me is me anyways. There is no turning back. What happens in Life can't be undone. We can just move on and do the best of what we have and it doesn't have to be that bad.
You are a reason to my fight. You have helped me so much. My love is with me here LA. Fantastic to have him around me every day.:)
I get back again when I can. Hope you do the best of what you have. Remember that you are the only one who can decide how your day will be regardless if you are in severe pain or not.

Love Malin. 8)

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
« Reply #521 on: July 11, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »
Wishing you a Happy Birthday! :D ;D

Glad you're feeling better too! Go celebrate many things and have the best time ever!

Nice to hear happy news!!!!
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #522 on: July 11, 2013, 11:48:30 PM »
Hey Malin.  Great to hear you are feeling more like you ;D  It must have been very difficult to return to where this all began, but you are right, it did have to be done.  You have come full circle and it did not beat you!!!!!!  You and your man have a wonderful time.  I hope he knows he's a lucky guy ;)  Soak in all the sun & good times you can -you deserve them.  And you are right about choosing how our day is for yourself.  I have learned how to ride a motorcycle this spring & it is amazing -most free I've felt in years.  Knee still hurts, but I'm definitely happier despite it.  You have helped me more than you will ever know.  Thank you for being so strong & positive. 

Enjoy LA!  Can't wait to hear you.  Cheers-A
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Knee Denervation 3/2014

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »
Hello to you all!

This Summer has been insane crazy with Music, Music and more Music. Looks like the release will be somewhere in October. Can't wait really. This is my unreal Life a year ago coming into a Dream that is so unreal so I thought never I could Dream this at all. :D
My leg is as it is and so is my attacks infections that comes and goes. One hospital stay I have had over here for 3 Days but that's all.
I hope your Life is as good as it can be and that you Summer has been a sweet one so far.

All my love/ Malin.

Offline tez27

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #524 on: August 25, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »
Malin its so good to hear from you, it sounds like you have had an excellent summer and its so good to hear you so upbeat about everything, I am so pleased your getting such joy from your life and your music after all you have been through you deserve only the best of things from now on.
Take care Tez
L K injured 25th June 2008
scope Jan 5th 10
diagnosis ACL rupture
fiberous band excised from acl
ACLr July 19th 2010  scope on 24th Sept 2011
ACL has failed incorrect tunnel placement
23rd July 2012 1st stage of a 2 stage ACL revision
10th May 2013 2nd stage ACL revision