Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Amputation after MRSA  (Read 97287 times)

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
Re: Amputation after MRSA
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 05:16:17 AM »
I hope you know that you are also very inspiring. For most of us, the choice you faced is our worst fear realized...and you not only made the decision, but are facing the future with optimism and ambitious but realistic goals. I'm looking forward to cheering you on all the way to Brazil. :)

Have you read the book A Test of Will, by Warren MacDonald? It's one of the most inspiring things I've ever read. Warren lost both his legs not far below the waist following a hiking accident, but he refused to let that stop him. He lives in the same city that I do, and swims in the local outdoor pool - and I can't even come close to keeping up with him.

I wish you all the best with the hospital moves, adjusting to your new situation, and whatever the future brings. You seem so positive, and nothing is more important than that - whatever you believe is possible will be possible. Take care, and know that we'll be thinking of you.

Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 08:57:51 AM »
Hi there!

I'm friend of Malin and she wanted me to update for her. She had an allergic reaction this night and her heart did stop for a while. She is doing ok and she is in her normal state. But they will do check ups on her today including ct for her brain and ultrasound on her heart.
This is a huge setback but we are optimistic and hope she didn't suffer any damages.
She will probably be back in a couple of days or so. I will keep you updated on her condition./Micciz

Offline Xeplasma

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »
Hang in there Malin. I pray you get over this set back very quickly. (thanks for update M). I'm sure she is in the thoughts and prayers of many on this board.

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »
malin

Sending much positive thought and vibes your way - sorry to read of your setback...Micciz thank you for updating........keep us posted

Lottie xx
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »
Hello again !
Update on Malin. CT scan of brain and ultrasound of heart is ok. She is having some problems with like reading, texting on cellphone and some other things that is logical for us. The docs say that is probably the brain which is set from start again and some skills will need more time.
She is in fairly good mood but a bit afraid that something new will be up. It's a trustthing I believe.
Thanks for positive thoughts and vibes. I read for her what you did write. She needs all support that she can get.
/Micciz

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Micciz

Thanks for the update - she must be feeling very scared. She is a fighter though and she will get through this. It sounds like she has a wonderful support in you too. Looking forward to when she feels up to typing us her updates again. In the meantime send her more hugs,

xx

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »
Poor Malin - that sounds very scary. Thank you so much for keeping us updated, and please let her know that we're thinking of her and wishing her strength.

Offline Rknees4

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
Malin
You hang in !!!!! :) we are all rooting for you and your recovery.
A big ((((hug)))) from Canada. :D :-*
Take Care,
Rk4
Knee pain since teens
06/09 Patella mal-alignment grade 3/4 chondromalasia both knees, PFS
09/11/09 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupRK
10/02/11 patella realignment,Trillat/LR/scope cleanupLK
Cortisone LK 04/06/11
Scope LK,/RK HW removed 28/06/12
Chin up keep hobbling!

Offline seerobinbike

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
Positive and healing thoughts coming your way from Massachusetts as well.  You hang in there Malin. 

Micciz...Thanks for the update.  As Snowy said, please let her know that we are rooting for her.

Hugs to both of you.

Robin  xxx
Jan. 12: PKR.
June 10:  Meniscus surgery.
Most of '09:  PT to help constant knee pain.

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
Please tell Malin we are keeping her in our thoughts too! The first thing I did today when I got home was to check on her update.

We are all rooting for her here in northeastern US!!

Thank you Micciz for the updates!

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
malin, my hubby isn't a "knee geek" but I just told him about you. He stopped surfing the boy's web and just said "wow. what a girl". Then went v quiet and said wow again. We're all rooting for you.  :D

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »
Thanks for all kind words. Malin is asleep now after lots of anxiety. She has lots of problems in trusting people and is afraid of never wake up again.
I will stick by her side. She has no family and I am her nearest. Somehow she needs to get over this and start fighting again.
I will tell her when she wake up about all kind words from you.
She was supposed to change hospital and city on Monday to come closer home, but they might have to do more testing on her. Though I will believe she will feel more safe to get out from this hospital and get to a city only 2 hours from home. So I will do what's in my power and see if she can be tranfered on Monday. The reason she is here is only that they have the best kneedoctors and now when her knee couldn't be saved, the other hospital are as competent as this one and her rehab will take place in that city too, cause she will live in my home during rehab.
So please keep her in your thoughts. She needs that.

/Micciz

Offline silverghost

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 10:52:50 PM »
Hi /Micciz

I think all of the responses have summed up everyone's thoughts for Malin...Our hearts and minds are feeling for her right now and our prayers are with her.  I don't think I have heard such a brave decision in a long time and whilst it brings a tear to my eye hearing of her story, she really is an inspiration to everyone on this site even though I know she has had a setback.  This really has made me reassess my own injuries and surgeries and her comments will push many people with their rehab and recovery.

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date I know this is a difficult time for you also seeing her go through this.

Please take care.

SG
'96 ACL reconstruction
'09 Arthroscopy/cartilage repair
Diagnosed with Grade 4 OA no medial cartilage and significant varus alignment
'11 fitted with off loading knee brace
'12 HTO, meniscus transplant, acl reconstruction & microfracture all in 1 go!

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
Hello Micciz,

I would also like to add that I'm very glad that Malin has such a caring and supportive friend by her side to help her through this. No-one should have to go through something so huge and life-changing alone. I hope that knowing she has your support will help her get through this setback, and through her rehab and recovery.

Please tell her I am full of admiration for her courage and spirit.

K

Offline MDJ

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »
Today Malin woke up with a very bad temper and throwed me out of the room. She had tried to make music(she's a music producer) and her head is not working as it should after the heart stopped. But I will go buy her the favoritbreakfast of hers (even if she get breakfast in hospital) and get back to her.
She has been awake most of the night on her computer and on phone. I took the phone with me now so she can rest a bit hopefully.
But being in this mood is optimistic, make her fighting more. I'll update you later today./micciz

support