Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Does torn meniscus pain come and go  (Read 3519 times)

Offline 3030Virginia

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Does torn meniscus pain come and go
« on: September 01, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
I started having knee pain when I sat with my knees crossed about 4.months ago.itwas only painful when I got up then as time went on when I sat down or bent down.the last week its way worse my knee is popping literlly every few min and sore.hard to walk.I have an mri on wed.doc is sure its tore.I'm athletic hike wakeboard snowboard.the pain was horrible the last 2 days but much better today barely noticable.popping is all the time though.I hiked 5 miles last week and felt great but a week later doing nothing stressful its killing me.question is it normal for the pain to come and go? The only thing I'm sure of is its getting worse over all but I'm still having good days

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: Does torn meniscus pain come and go
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:15:15 AM »
Hi Virginia,

From my experience, yes, it can vary.  When I first tore mine it would be tolerable, then with no warning as I walked it  felt as if I had slammed my finger in a car door- the kind of pain that takes your breath away for a moment, and my knee would give.  I think that with a part a bit shredded it just worked into somewhere it shouldn't and got pinched.  I suppose everyone's experience will be different depending on where the damage is.  I don't think I ever had a good day after I tore mine because I always worried it would cause a fall.

Good luck :)

Linda
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

support