Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Dr recommends TKR need info on ketamine compound cream  (Read 1450 times)

Offline marco4432

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Dr recommends TKR need info on ketamine compound cream
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »
Hi All

Before I commit to a TKR, does anyone have any information on compound cream, as in specific ingredients to help with the pain, as in ketamine, diflonac ect, It would be greatly appreciated if any one knows of the best combination of meds to help with chronic knee pain due to osteoartiritis.

Thanks
R Knee Arthospic  06/01/2010, partial lateral menisectomy synvisc injections
Start of dibilitating pain after operation
Ri knee Arthosopic Meniscus tear 03/13/11
partial lateral menisectomy synvisc
 Nerve Surgery09/15/2011Right knee
12/23/11 CT scan nerve block
02/29/12 2nd failed nerve surgery

Offline knee2no

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Dr recommends TKR need info on ketamine compound cream
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
I have a bottle compounded by pharmacy: ketam/bupiv/cyclo/diclof/gaba and I cant tell if I have applied it or not as there no difference.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not", nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed.

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
Re: Dr recommends TKR need info on ketamine compound cream
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »
I have tried the diclofenac cream, but it was messy, needed to be applied 6 times a day, and made very little if any difference.  I think it is more for those whose arthritis is in the early stages and don't want to take oral inflammatories rather than for the later stages of an arthritic joint.  If they are talking TKR, diclofenac cream really isn't going to be an effective alternative.

Good luck :)

Linda
>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012