Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post acl surgery  (Read 766 times)

Offline Jaylinjai

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post acl surgery
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »
I had my acl surgery just over a month ago. I had a hamstring graft and came out with a HUGE incision behind my knee, definitely unexpected! Everything was going fine until they took the two stitches and strips off a week later. It reopened, got infected and has been slightly bleeding for 3 weeks now. I got antibiotics and the dr said it was fine. I don't see anything ok in that. Just this week I had a clear stitch pop through and a white stitch pop through. They both made the incision wider and bleed more. I also have a large hard spot below the incision and above my calf. It feels like a ball?? Is that normal? I feel like I may be worrying over nothing! But my ROM is not going so well, I can't straighten al the way due to the lump getting in the way and bending pulls at it! I am starting to get really frustrated with everything!!! I just want to be back to normal!!! I don't know what to do anymore!!!

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
Re: Post acl surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »
Sounds like you had some internal, supposedly bio-absorbable stitches that your body has rejected. It is not uncommon for this to happen. You need to go back to your surgeon if you can or to a hospital ER to have it assessed. Sometimes they can cause infections, so the sooner you get this sorted the better.
1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

support