Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: my big nightmare!  (Read 1889 times)

Offline soccertears22

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • smile :)
my big nightmare!
« on: January 05, 2004, 07:57:12 AM »
 yea it all started like a big nightmare from the instant I got hit till today  ... Just the thought of not plaing for 6 months gave me the chills ... wen I fell to the groung holding my knee all I could think about is "what if I tore my acl?!" thats how thouse few tears fell down my chic . I was so woried about it I didnt even mind the pain  looking at my huge goaly geting up next to me with the ball  in his 2 huge arms all I could think of is his big body craking into my knee cap.. That loud pop just kept going through  my mind over and over agane. next thing I know my  goaly is asking me if i was ok , I didnt awnser I didnt want to awnser , laing on the ground  I praid  for evrithing to be ok.. soon my  coach came over he saw the hole thing he  knew  how bad it was.. wen I got back up  I nodest i could walk wich was a relif.. Not for long, wile  I was walking back to the bench  the ball went out of bouns  I turned to get it  before I knew  I felt the pain of a knife going  through my knee  and nodest my knee didnt keep me  up and then I found my self back on the ground  this time I knew it was bad.. Not being able to hold my tears I laid there  wanting to waik up from this  horable dream... soon I found out that I tore my acl ,mcl , brused the bone and damaged cartalege... after a month of hell  i had surgery for my acl.. now 3 months later  I sit here thinking abouted .. telling my self how hard its going to be to get back in shape spending hole days at the gym  because  I want to get my musels back because I cant take  to sit and wach animore because I want to be back to normal :'(... I know it could be a lot worst  ..but I cant take it animore some time I even wish I wasent in this world  the only thing that keeps me going is knowing I will be back plaing some day  and that I  only need 3 more moths  for this night mare to be over  or atlest close to being over....  

well hope i didnt bore u with this hole big thing

xoxox athena
ToRRi <3
 Toren acl & mcl plus damaged cartalege and brused bone..
HOW: got tacled by my own goaly during a soccer game :P

Offline buttercup7717

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • crutch races are fun...
Re:  my big nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 08:17:45 AM »
hang in there athena...you're passion to get back out there can only help you!! I haven't been out as long as you yet, but i'm in the same boat-completely tore the acl, mcl, damaged both cartilage pads- playing volleyball 2 months ago (1 month post op).  I'm definatly not looking forward to the months ahead, especially not being out of all the sports I love. I don't know if it'll help you...but I made myself a countdown calendar to the dates the doctor gave me..it can be encouraging to see that you're halfway to a certain point in recovery, or to look back on how many weeks you've made it through already! good luck with you're recovery, and i hope you're back out on the field soon, stronger than ever!!
~Kabes~

Offline soccertears22

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:27:10 PM »
thanks for th encourage ment ...sorry to hear about ur knee ..ow god that first month of pt hurts a lot lol..hopefully its all going well ... they say the first month is the hardest .... I thought so too... I was doing the calendare thing for a wile but now I just try to forget abou it and kind of  glide through the days,  day dreaming a bit ! .. it sux that u are out of ur favorit sport ... I duno about u but it helps me to  stay close to my team and wach evry game  it encorage me too get beter ( even though it sux to wach knowing I cant do anithing !)...well hope all goes well and hang in there with ur knee!

xoxox Athena!
ToRRi <3

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 01:00:43 PM »
Hey Athena !!

Of course you have all right in the world coming here beeing sad. This board is for getting help, encouragement, someone to grin with and finally get a light in the dark tunnel. I really feel for you. But there will be a day when things change, even if it isn't today I promise the day will come. Meanwhile you have to look at the small things which are changing maybe not everyday but maybe once a week when you notice that you are feeling better and getting better. A kneedamage isn't solved in one day. It takes a lot of sweat and tears. But you have come a bite on your journey back remember that. Think of how you are today and how you were right after surgery. A big difference isn't it ? I have gone from palying hanball,football and basketball to sitting in wheelchair fulltime. i will never ever going to walk again but I've found my sporty life again by playing wheelchairbasket and skiing downhill in a sitski. I remember the first eve when i played wheelchairbasket in my team and felt the pulse going up again after so many years without it. It was..... I can't even describe it, how happy i were.
I know you will be back, just be patient. Better come bakc and go on playing that begin to early and have to stop for a while again.
Wish you the best and remember whenever you need talking you find people here.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline soccertears22

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 02:57:28 AM »
 hey nettan, you have no idea how much  I  admier you .. it must be realy hard to give up the sports you love but its realy great that   you found a new sport.. If I ever was in your situation I would do the same thing ... lol for some reson I am berry glad there is these kind of sports .. hope your team and you are doing great and thanks for the encouragement!
 much love Athena :)
ToRRi <3

support