Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 670 times)

Offline cornish_girl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Is this normal?
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:05 PM »
Im nearly three months in since a routine knee athroscopy that was for exploratory reasons but I also had some
loose flaps of cartalidge removed from under the knee cap.

The swelling at the end of the day after being on my feet for most of it is still fairly hefty but they could also be due to the DVT I got in the process.

But im now getting more aches and pain in this knee than I ever had before.  I still cant do the most basic of physio exercises but thats probably due to lack of quad muscle which im trying so badly to resolve.

But my knee now aches or siezes if it has been in one posistion too long and when I get up from say a low chair and try to use the bad leg I get pain under the knee cap, could this be due to the cartalidge that was removed?  I didnt have this much acheyness while I was off work and I most certainly didnt have the pain under the knee cap before the op.

This cant be normal surely?  Its nearly three months after a basic op! Oh and I also still do not have full bend

Offline Turbo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 10:36:23 PM »
Hey,

Did you have a chondroplasty? Are you still under physio/OS?

Offline cornish_girl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:48:38 AM »
Hi Turbo,

All I know is that 'loose flaps of cartalidge' were removed from under the knee cap, im not sure if that is the
procedure you quoted.

I am seeing a physio at my local GP.  I get so much pain though when I try and do my exercises though, cracks and pops.

I am still in the process also of seeing an OS also but because I am on Warfarin he does not want to discuss futher surgery until I am off it.  I need MPL reconstruction ( I think thats right) To be very honest I am going to decline it.  I do not want another DVT and I do not want to be off work again like that.  It quite literally drove me mental.  I will just have to put up with my knee cap slipping

support