Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: CryoCuff questions  (Read 1610 times)

Offline bansidhe

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
CryoCuff questions
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:19:51 AM »
Since my insurance will not pay for a cryocuff, I thought I would buy one.  But before I do I want to make sure I get everything I need...

So, can anyone give recommendations?  That is, get the auto chill system, or will just the cooler do..
Also, when ordering a cuff size, how do you know how much your knee is going to swell?  I mean if I've a 15" knee, can I stay with the small or should I get the medium to allow for swelling...

Surgery is in 5 days...

thanks
ACl tear/MCL sprain/Bone Bruise 06/29/12 :-(

Offline veganbee

• Regular Poster
Re: CryoCuff questions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »
Posting as I would like to read replies as I'm in a similar situation  ;D

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
Hi bansidhe & veganbee

I had a HTO last November , bought a cryo cuff of a fellow KG and it has been my best friend. I have a standard one a medium cuff. Apparently the auto chill system has a hum that may get on your nerves after a while! Also you have to plug in, so need to sit near power. The cuff has plenty of velcro straps so can be adjusted for swelling and when the swelling has gone down. I have found the basic model to be quite adequate and with a good amount of ice can last for hours. You just need to empty the cuff and refill when it starts to get warm or you need to put it on again.

Make sure you have a fair few pots for ice to go in the freezer, I had bought some 2" square pots with lids, but after a while my husband started to put larger pots in the freezer and these worked better. 9 months down the line and I still keep some pots of ice in the freezer just in case I over do it!!

If it helps I can email the instruction leaflet for both options for you to look at if it helps.

Hope this helps.

WD

Offline bansidhe

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Thanks!  That would be awesome!  I would hate to shell out $250 bucks and still be missing something or have it not work...

Guess I;ll bite the bullet!

email:[email protected]
ACl tear/MCL sprain/Bone Bruise 06/29/12 :-(

Offline veganbee

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
Thanks for your post WD! When you say the cooler rather than the auto chill - do you mean the cuff on its own instead of the cuff attached to the machine?

I've found the Cuff attached to machine on eBay (but sold new) for 100 which is the best price I've found yet, with free delivery! Hope you manage to track down a cheaper one too bansidhe.

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »
Hi Veganbee

The cryo cuff can be bought as an electric unit (auto chill) or as a canister. The cuff can be bought seperately or with a unit/canister.

Let me have your email address and I will send you the leaflet, it may make more sense then. (Click on my white envelope to email me)

WD

support