Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee Injury and Sacroiliac Joint  (Read 724 times)

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Knee Injury and Sacroiliac Joint
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:07:28 AM »
Hi all, its been a while since I posted on here.
Still having issues with my knee, have had another MRI but nothing showing apart from a bit of arthritis and scar tissue. Ongoing problems with thigh pain (ITB area), though one of the Registrars in the Ortho clinic says I may have torn one of the muscles in my initial injury and that has now filled with scar tissue  ???
What I want to ask is...... has anyone with knee problems gone on to suffer from Sacroiliac Joint problems? I've been having quite severe lower back/hip problems for a while now. I thought I had pulled some muscles as it sometimes causes pain in the groin area when I get off a chair or out of the car. Had hip xrays done and sent to see a physio. She has diagnosed an issue with my left Sacroiliac Joint, just wondering if this has been the issue all along with the outer thigh pain I've been suffering with for a long time. I'm thinking of buying an SI belt to hold my pelvis together, anyone else had any success with using one of these?
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee

Offline k66yla

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee Injury and Sacroiliac Joint
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »
I'm guessing no one else suffers from hip or back pain due their knee then?   :-\
April 83 - Right Knee Trauma
             2 Broken Wrists
1999    - Lateral Release Left Knee
Nov 10 - Anterior HornTear & Parameniscal Cyst Athroscopy Left Knee