Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Things just keep getting worse.. HELPP!  (Read 849 times)

Offline ThatPatriotsGirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Things just keep getting worse.. HELPP!
« on: August 11, 2012, 03:52:42 AM »
My knees have been bugging me for a year now.. At first my right. I don't know how it all started. After check up after check up I had exploritory surgery. They found a small amount of scar tissue getting caught in my joint somehow. After getting it shaved down I felt amazing. (this was at the end of June/early July) now, I still don't have full range of motion which I understand but it's starting to feel just like it did before the surgery. Not to mention ive started having sharp pains in my left. Can that just because I put all my weight on it when the right one was the main problem? Or could something be wrong with both knees? Should I be worried? I'm so tired of the drs it's insane...

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Things just keep getting worse.. HELPP!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »
I don't have any experience with the subject, but you might research a topic called arthrofibrosis (AF) and see if it "fits" what's going on with you. Don't know if this helps any, but it's the only suggestion I can offer.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline silver14

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
Hi,

Not a dr. but, it may be overuse of the left that is causing you pain, or there may be something physically wrong, so check with your OS. Seeing the dr all the time does get tedious but the longer you let it go the worse it may get.  And I it could be arthrofibrosis, read up a little and see if symptoms fit and again ask your OS their opinion on this.  You may need to start some aggressive therapy now to avoid further surgery.  Hope you find your answers and have a quick recovery.

Offline silverghost

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »
Hi

I agree it could be a problem now with the other knee so best to get checked anyhow but...

Since i've had all my surgery on my right leg I do get (I call them sympathy) pains from my left leg.. im sure its pretty much ok but like youve said you've probably been dropping more weight than usual on your good leg to compensate..  Could be your bodies way of saying easy up a bit..

Get it checked anyhow but try not to worry gud luck!!
'96 ACL reconstruction
'09 Arthroscopy/cartilage repair
Diagnosed with Grade 4 OA no medial cartilage and significant varus alignment
'11 fitted with off loading knee brace
'12 HTO, meniscus transplant, acl reconstruction & microfracture all in 1 go!