Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 11 year old with torn ACL  (Read 888 times)

Offline kavalos1979

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
11 year old with torn ACL
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »
My son had a bad soccer injury on April 29, 2012. After many doc appoints 2 MRIs and 4 weeks of physical therapy we have a diagnosis of a torn ACL. My only problem is my son can walk normal and run but has some physical limitations such as he can not jump or hop without crumbling in pain. I could tell by the look on the docs face he really doesnt believe that it is a torn ACL (partly due to the fact that he questioned the first MRI and had radiologist do a second) is it normal for him to want to scope his knee and if so what can I do to make this go as smoothly as possible for my son?

Any replys will be helpful thank you
Katreena

Offline knee2no

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: 11 year old with torn ACL
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:32:18 PM »
I'd give it more time.  Surgery is not without risks and if only issue is jumping I would suggest he refrain from jumping for now.
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not", nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed.