Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Third time MUST be a charm  (Read 1906 times)

Offline ozzybug

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Never do what you would un-do if caught
Third time MUST be a charm
« on: January 02, 2004, 09:45:40 PM »
OK- I'm almost afraid to be posting here guys, but after everything my knee and I have been through, I think the small things that I'm able to do now should be concidered success, so here goes-

Those of you who know me know that I've had 3 arthroscopies on this darn right knee.  First one in August, and the last one on December 1.  I was beginning to lose hope that I would every be able to walk again without the use of crutches or the imobilizer.

In the past two weeks, I have been making some huge (well, huge compared to what I wasn't able to do before) progress.  I can now walk up the stairs the normal way- with two legs, not just one leg, one step at a time.  I'm slow getting to the top, but hey- I do get there.  I'm still going down the stairs one leg, one step at a time because my quads still haven't fully regained their strength.  This is ok though.

I am also driving these days as well.  YIPEEE!  This has made me feel like I'm getting my independance back.  I hated having to rely on others to get me where I needed or wanted to go.

Now, when I sit on the floor, I can get back up onto my feet all by myself!!  Another thing I hated having to ask people to do- help get me off the floor!

Oh- one more thing- I can almost sit with my knees at my chest, so the ROM is showing signifigant improvement as well.

I know these things may seem small, but since August, I've not been able to do anything like this, so to me it's a big, huge, happy thing, so I just had to share.

Hugs to all, and many thanks for your kindness and support!

XOXO-
Lezlee
Rt knee:Meniscal repair 8/03: Repair prev. meniscus repair 10/03;Chondro shave, scar tissue removal 12/03;LR,debridement chondro & scar tissue 04/02/04;TTT done 09/14/04;VMO advancement 04/2005- Does it ever end?

Offline SlowBurn

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • I've fallen & I can't getty up!
Re: Third time MUST be a charm
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:51:07 PM »
 ;DFabulous news !!!! So good to hear your progress, I am VERY happy for you. I know how hard it's been, Keep up the great work and i wish you continued success!!!
FX left Tibial Plateau 08/02/03, surgery 08/08/03, 3 screws & bone graft.