Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: BIG metal braces?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline soccertears22

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • smile :)
BIG metal braces?
« on: January 02, 2004, 03:25:17 AM »
 after acl reconstruction what is a good brace to play soccer in? I have seen some girls wernig these huge metal thing  after acl recontructin ...( any soccer player   that have used these thing before)... how do u play  with them  dose it get in the way???? :?
 thanks for the help
   always AtHeNa
ToRRi <3
 Toren acl & mcl plus damaged cartalege and brused bone..
HOW: got tacled by my own goaly during a soccer game :P

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: BIG metal braces?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 04:45:12 AM »
Sorry to hear fo your Injury..that's no fun at all.  I am not a Soccer player, nor have a ever ruptured or damaged my ACL...thank goodness, I have been in rehab with ACL patients..it doesn't look fun. However... you could look up some of those braces on the net, they are just designed to give you alot of support and keep the stress and torsion off the ligaments.  They are similar (and the same) as an unloader brace for Arthritis.  Some are made really lightweight and they can be custom made to fit your knee. :) I hope that helps, I dont think it really does, check out the www.breg.com site..see if you can find anything there..they make some great braces...sorry I coudln't be of more help. don't give up hope though...I was in Rehab wiht a skier that had a ruptured ACL and he was ready to hit the bunny hill before I was walking without a limp from my LR surgery.
LUCK and HUGS
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline soccertears22

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • smile :)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 05:45:30 AM »
 I will check out that web site .. thanks for the info.. I am sure it will help :)

thanks  oxox athena
ToRRi <3
 Toren acl & mcl plus damaged cartalege and brused bone..
HOW: got tacled by my own goaly during a soccer game :P

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 04:13:15 AM »
Athena,

I am a soccer player, and I play with either a Townsend premier or Townsend full shell knee brace.  The premier is very light and does not interfere with playing at all.  The full shell brace is the exact opposite, however I only wear it when I'm in goal during games.  I am a goalkeeper but I wear the lighter brace for practice.  The heavier brace protects me more during games.  Most surgeons now don't use braces at all any more.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.