Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Feeling fine for 2.5 weeks, now sudden sharp pain after OATS  (Read 769 times)

Offline runner7

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I'm a bit freaked out at the moment.  22 years old, had OATS procedure 2.5 weeks ago to fix < 1 cm^2 medial femoral condyle damage.  No pain thus far (even after surgery), no pain killers, and have felt great until tonight.  I've been trying to increase my range of motion on the CPM machine, and I had just bumped it up from 80 to 81 degrees.  Suddenly, on the way down, a very quick sharp pain.  Then it felt fine.  10 seconds later, another quick, very sharp pain -- right where the plug is.  Then another.  And another.  So I turned the machine off and got some ice on my knee pronto.

So... someone please tell me this pain is a normal part of the OATS procedure and that I didn't somehow just screw up the OATS plug (well, only say that if it's true).  Any other advice is immensely appreciated.

Thanks!

(I'll call my doctor first thing in the morning, but I thought someone on here with experience could give me some insight before I go to bed.)

Offline Dookie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Feeling fine for 2.5 weeks, now sudden sharp pain after OATS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:33:44 PM »
I was wondering how things worked out for you?  I just had OATS surgery and am experiencing the same exact thing you described.  My fear is this means the plug might have shifted, but hoping it's just related to scar tissue breaking up.  Thanks

support