Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI pics...  (Read 947 times)

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
MRI pics...
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:23 PM »

Not sure how to show these bigger? but anyone have any opinions on my meniscus? however un-qualified you are lol, some of the pics look neat and tidy others show sort of what I'd call ragged edges. Dunno if that means anything? Im just speculating really atm cos I still haven't got a OS appt to discuss the findings.

with this image what part of the knee is this?

thanks for looking :)

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
Re: MRI pics...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:36:56 AM »
It looks like the posterior horn of the meniscus (back of the Knee).   Some of the edges look ragged You probably have a meniscus tear with some flap tearing.  if your knee is locking as you said before then these pieces can break off and get caught in the joint and is painful.   Do you have the report of just the pictures?  LAS

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 02:10:02 PM »
report just says meniscus intact. rang OS secretary to see when I might get an appt as MRI was 3 weeks ago, get this... the results haven't been received as yet?! how come then have I have the written results for 2 weeks and the pictures on disk via royal mail..  ::)

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:57 AM »
That is a strange and short result for all those pictures.  Unless it is a preliminary reading and not the true result read by a radiologist.   I know here in the US even if the result is negative there is usually a page or so going over every structure of the knee.  Did you ask for a results or do they just sent them to you anyway?  If she said the results were not in yet either she can't find them or truly they have not been read and sent yet.   Let us know what the OS says when you see him.   LAS