Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: RPT - removed and replaced - rehab/precautionary advice?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline snoopz_mum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
RPT - removed and replaced - rehab/precautionary advice?
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
Hello there!

I'm new here and am probably asking questions that have already been covered.  If so, I would appreciate someone gently pointing me in the right direction to find answers  :)

I ruptured my patella tendon 3 months ago and, when the surgeon operated he said it was like "shredded wheat" and removed the whole thing, replacing it with a nylon figure 8.  From what I've read, there's a wealth of information here relating to torn tendons that are repaired.  Is there anything (particularly about rehab and precautions) about a nylon fixer (and it is only nylon, I've been told they generally use support wire as well but haven't seen the surgeon for well over 2 months to ask why he didn't).  I seem to be pushing myself more than my physio is prepared to but I don't want to screw things up.

Any advice/info would be gratefully received.

Thanks
4/4/12 Knocked off bike - Ruptured Patella Tendon
8/4/12 Surgery
29/6/12 75 degrees flexion
25/9/12 103 degrees flexion

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: RPT - removed and replaced - rehab/precautionary advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
Hi Snoopz-Mum

Suggest that you repost onto the Ruptured Patella Tendon thread, and then start reading previous posts.#

There are two different methods of resecuring the tendon to your Patella - one - by drilling four holds in the Patella and securing with sutres, or the utilisation of wires. 

If you would let me have your e-mail address, I will send you a set of documents, which outlines the serious nature of your injury, and the long rehab procedure.   There is no short cut - PATIENCE is the key word.

Take care - keep posting

JohnK/ Manchester UK

Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline snoopz_mum

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: RPT - removed and replaced - rehab/precautionary advice?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »
Thanks John, will do
4/4/12 Knocked off bike - Ruptured Patella Tendon
8/4/12 Surgery
29/6/12 75 degrees flexion
25/9/12 103 degrees flexion

support