Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: somethings stuck...  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
somethings stuck...
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:39:29 PM »
feels like somethings got stuck in my knee now :/ like it needs a good yank into place has happened before but I just ignored it dunno whether to ignore it again now? dunno when i'll get to see OS bout scan...

Offline silver14

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: somethings stuck...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »
I'm not a dr. but it sound like you may have a meniscal tear. Sometimes when the meniscus tears a piece is just in there floating around and when it gets wedged where is shouldn't be can cause  the knee to lock or buckle, unfortunately it seems you need to see OS and get MRI to see what is going on to correctly dx the problem.  Good luck!

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
thanks, Im waiting on OS appt to discuss results but already seen the radiographers report and it says no meniscus injurys but I have all the symtpoms :/

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:13:47 AM »
Alicat:  Did you already have MRI scan or Ct scan.   MRI  scan is where a meniscus tear and any fragments floating around would show up.   Sounds like you have a meniscus tear.    Don't yank it you can do damage to other structures in your knee.    Try some ice and gently move  your knee to a comfortable position.    I tried this once myself when my knee locked and it worked.   Yanking on it made the pain worse.   Do you have any swelling?
LAS
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:47:58 AM by LAS »

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 11:35:17 AM »
radiologists report on the MRI says its clear for meniscus tear but waiting to see OS havent received an appointment yet tho :(

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:28:12 AM »
Let us know when you do.   It will be interesting to see what the diagnosis is.   How long was your knee stuck?  LAS

support