Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Dr Gill at Mass General Hospital?  (Read 2178 times)

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 15
Dr Gill at Mass General Hospital?
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been to see Dr Thomas Gill at Mass General Hospital in Boston? I am trying to decide who should be my next OS (OS #4). He sounds like he might be a good one for me to see but I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinion if anyone else knows him.

Thanks!

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
Re: Dr Gill at Mass General Hospital?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 03:02:20 AM »
Dear MyKnee: My daughter-in-law saw Dr. Thomas Gill at the MGH.  I believe it was for a second opinion and She really like him alot.  In fact she liked the whole team there at the MGH.   She has had problems with her knee for years and they finally he and another dr. did a procedure and fixed it.   She is walking really good now and is very grateful to them.  I will let you know what she had done.   LAS
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:04:47 AM by LAS »

Offline Kwal57

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »
I've heard good things about him. I've personally gotten a second opinion from Andreas Gomoll at Brigham and Women's and cannot say anything against him. Good guy.

Boston has a lot of top-notch doctors!!
*Kay*
'Runners' knee > Lateral Release 3/11
Minor Meniscus tear > clip 3/11
Fall on bad knee 1/12
PT 3/12-6/12
MRI > Cartilage missing = Cortisone + PT 5/12
Arthroscopy > cartilage missing, meniscus tear, & misalignment 8/12
TTO/ACI 10/13
Healing....for now :)
instability :/

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 12:28:59 AM »
Thanks! I do like MGH but the OS I had there lost interest in my case when the scope he did on my knee did not help. I'm thinking if I go to Dr Gill who is a sports med doctor, he'll look at my knees from a different angle than a regular OS. I don't know if my problems now are caused by soft tissue or by my knee replacements. I'm going to call his office tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment.

Thanks for the responses!

Offline MyKnee2010

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »
Hi,

It turns out Dr Gill does not see patients who have had knee replacements. That leaves me out. His office suggested Dr Frieberg at MGH. I called him & the soonest I can get in to see him is mid-September. That's the hard part - the waiting! I guess I'll give him a try & see what happens.

Anyone ever have Dr Frieberg?

Thanks!

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:15:22 AM »
Hi again,  I found out what the procedure was called and it was a Trillat procedure (?spelling) and a lateral release and medial plication.
She really liked Dr. Gill.  However,  I heard that Dr. David Lhoyd at The MGH is phenomenal.   I am seeing him myself on July 3rd for both knees.  I got an appointment in about a months time.  My friend dislocated both knees skydiving and he literally put his knees back together again.  He is walking great!   I am not too thrilled with my OS  so I really need to get a second opinion just to put my mind at rest.   Also Dr. Stephen Murphy at the NE Baptist hospital in Brookline,  I had preferred to see him but he only does Joint replacements and he is booking into November or December.  Dr. Stephen Murphy has a CV long enough to write a book and many many awards and distinctions.  The the best in knee and hip replacements in Boston.   I hope this has helped you.   LAS

I have never heard of Dr Friedberg at MGH.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:19:30 AM by LAS »

support