Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Technical terms...?  (Read 631 times)

Offline Kwal57

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Technical terms...?
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:42 AM »
So I had my follow up appointment according to schedule. I saw the orthopedic assistant b/c the doc is off teaching some class in china. We agreed upon doing a knee scope because there is still pain, and I'm stronger than ever from PT. We know that there is cartilage missing under my cap already from the MRI, and the scope would help see how intense the problem is. The docs would assess whether they should proceed with rebuilding cartilage in my knee, or if I would have my tibia repositioned or something. So I wanted to look up the tibia repositioning thing, and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. Any ideas?

Thx
-K
*Kay*
'Runners' knee > Lateral Release 3/11
Minor Meniscus tear > clip 3/11
Fall on bad knee 1/12
PT 3/12-6/12
MRI > Cartilage missing = Cortisone + PT 5/12
Arthroscopy > cartilage missing, meniscus tear, & misalignment 8/12
TTO/ACI 10/13
Healing....for now :)
instability :/

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Technical terms...?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:54:53 AM »
there's one term I can think of, its called an osteotomy, where they cut through the tibia and realign the "knuckle" of the bone as it pertains to the knee joint. Another term might be a TTT or tibial tubercule transfer, which realigns the kneecap's track as it pertains to the way it runs down the front of the knee, if the kneecap is riding too far too one side or the other and they want to adjust how it's riding. Repinning the tibial anchor point of the patellar tendon changes how the patella runs down the front of the knee. Hope some of this relates to your discussions with your doctor or his assistant.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline Kwal57

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: Technical terms...?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
Thanks!! I believe it was the osteotomy. It sounds right.
*Kay*
'Runners' knee > Lateral Release 3/11
Minor Meniscus tear > clip 3/11
Fall on bad knee 1/12
PT 3/12-6/12
MRI > Cartilage missing = Cortisone + PT 5/12
Arthroscopy > cartilage missing, meniscus tear, & misalignment 8/12
TTO/ACI 10/13
Healing....for now :)
instability :/

support