Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Update  (Read 648 times)

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Update
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
Well despite the dr making me feel like he thought nothing was wrong he actually wrote lateral meniscus tear on the MRI request form. Results will be back with dr within the week so just got to wait for another appointment now. Pain is getting worse still as the days go past so think I need to keep off legs for whole weekend.

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 06:15:03 AM »
well, ice the knee if it helps, and wait and see. you can try pressing along the joint line - from the bend of the knee in back towards the middle of the kneecap in front, and feel where things meet up, and if you feel pain along that joint line - then you could have an issue. its one clue they look for - joint line pain is an indicator of meniscus issues.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline CariG

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Still smiling, and still standing!
Re: Update
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 05:05:20 AM »
Hope you are having a restful and uneventful weekend Alicat....and good luck with the results!! Will keep everything crossed for you
All is possible....
2004 ~ clicking/cracking original pain started R Knee
2007 ~ MPFL Reconstruction R Knee
2008 ~ Removal of cartilage (80%) R Knee
MPFL Reconstruction L Knee
12/7/2012 ~ Lateral Release & Scope R Knee

support