Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: seeing dr tomo opinions needed please.  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: seeing dr tomo opinions needed please.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
I feel so bad but like you said don't let it get you down.   Once he sees the MRI if he still seems uninterested and can't help you move on to another orthopedic guy.   We all can have a bad day so just wait for the results.   If you are overweight he should be counseling you on how it affects your knees.  I am also a bit overweight but so far my doc has said nothing about it.    I think if you are morbidly obese then they might suggest a weight loss program and exercise.  It kind of sounds like he is waiting for the whole picture.   It is very common here that the docs push you in an out fast so don't take it personal yet.   On my first appointment with the OS he spent about 5 minutes with me but after the MRI he took more time to explain it.   They like to make money here and they do.   Let us know the results    LAS

My MRI came through super fast I'm in on Thursday!! He said up to 5 weeks so was shocked when letter dropped through the door!! I'm not massive or anything but am dieting anyway partly because I wanna wear bikini on holiday and partly because the less weight on my knee the better I think, I watched a pain documentary on the tv and they did an experiment with a man with knee arthritis they put him on a treadmill walking and got him to rate his pain then they used this special air device which is supposed to lessen pressure on your joints equivalent to one stone lost and he had a huge improvement just from the less pressure on his knee. Anythings worth a try :D I'm assuming the dr wrote something "good" on the MRI request for me to get fitted in so soon. Quite looking forward to it! Have only ever had head scans before and hated it so be nice to only have my leg in the machine this time lol

Offline Alicat

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: seeing dr tomo opinions needed please.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
What you describe sounds like medial patellar dislocation, which is very unusual unless you have some anatomical abnormality such as a high patella or a badly-shaped groove (trochlear dysplasia). Maybe it was more a severe subluxation, rather than a full dislocation, but nonethless it clearly was the initiating problem.
one of the drs I saw said to me it couldn't of gone inwards it had to have gone outwards but thats definitely what it felt like from the inside! A physio has mentioned my leg is not in proper alignment from hip through knee through ankle and foot so maybe thats what happened? I have my MRI thursday so see what happens.

which makes me wonder if you have a bit of loose material inside your knee which was knocked off during that first incident - this could be a chondral flap or a loose body. A chondral flap is a bit of loose joint cartilage, and a loose body (or 'knee mouse') is when the bit breaks off.

I get a definite feeling of there being a wedge not allowing me to fully straighten my knee/leg sometimes, a physio mentioned she suspected I'd knocked off a big bit of cartillage and that she could feel it when she was moving my knee so maybe there is something loose.

Thanks for your reply! x