Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Doctor Advice Please! Steadman or Noyse for best knee doctor?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline ranier21

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I am having major pain in my knee after ACL reconstruction.  I don't want to mess around with anyone who doesn't know what they are doing.  I will travel anywhere in the country to find the best ones for lower knee cap pain and knowledge of ACL surgery.  Any advice?  I've heard of Noyse and Steadman . . . but not sure whom to choose?  Or are there any other top rated US surgeons? Thank you so much!!

Offline Im139

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Doctor Advice Please! Steadman or Noyse for best knee doctor?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:09:55 AM »
I recently had an ACLr done and since I'm a medical device representative I did a little more homework than the average patient. I too was willing to go to the best surgeon but there are other things to consider. Rehab and follow up is something you'll need to consider. Also, some of the best have their associates do the actual surgery so make sure you find out who's going to cut. I found the two biggest thought leaders are Andrews and Clancy. If you see them I'm not sure if they'll actually do the procedure. Steadman I believe did Tiger Woods with a hamstring graft. That group is very well known but I'm not sure which technique they do the most. Noyes has a great reputation and he was who I was going to see since I'm in the Midwest. Through my research I found a close associate of his 20 min from where I live. The OS I went to also only does knees now and isn't distracted by shoulders and other areas. I also wanted the strongest repair regardless of extended recovery time. That's why I went with an OS who favors patella graph. 90% + NFL ACLr are done this way. That was enough proof for me to go that route. Check out PubMed website and search for surgeons you are thinking about. If they are published it means they've probably been staying up to date with latest trends and are passionate about their work. Also, look for surgeons who have done fellowships after residency at a reputable center. I hope this perspective helps.

Offline Gene the Marine

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Doctor Advice Please! Steadman or Noyse for best knee doctor?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
Dr. Ron Silver, MB
with the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute
Look him up in Lincolnwood, IL
Good luck!
Gene

support